Wiki Posts
Search

Change fee query

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2022, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
Change fee query

I am looking to change the date of the return leg of a cash booking I have recently made. The original booking was for Euro Traveller outbound and Club Europe inbound.

In MMB I have clicked through the change booking screen for my CE inbound flight and selected the date I wish to change it to. I am being charged the £1 fair difference but also a £100 change fee. I was under the assumption that I would only be charged a fee for the sector being changed rather than both sectors. So £51 in total.

I found the following under the 'Change my booking' drop down.

"Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £50 or an upgrade fee of £50 plus any difference in fare. All sectors may be repriced. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket"

I know it says all sectors may be repriced but I'm only changing 1 sector. Is the £100 fee correct?
Old Dec 29, 2022, 11:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
As far as I remember the change fee for CE usually around the £100 mark sounds correct. Are you sure that the £50 is not for the economy sector?
If you sure that the CE sector change fee was £50 then give BA a call and they will able to have a look at the fare rules. If the website overcharge you they can issue a refund.
SxMan likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 1:26 am

Originally Posted by skips66
I am looking to change the date of the return leg of a cash booking I have recently made. The original booking was for Euro Traveller outbound and Club Europe inbound.

In MMB I have clicked through the change booking screen for my CE inbound flight and selected the date I wish to change it to. I am being charged the £1 fair difference but also a £100 change fee. I was under the assumption that I would only be charged a fee for the sector being changed rather than both sectors. So £51 in total.

I found the following under the 'Change my booking' drop down.

"Time/date changes permitted at any time before each flight departure for a change fee of £50 or an upgrade fee of £50 plus any difference in fare. All sectors may be repriced. Changes subject to availability. Fees apply per ticket"

I know it says all sectors may be repriced but I'm only changing 1 sector. Is the £100 fee correct?
Even if you were changing both sectors its one change fee, as its charged per change its not per sector. Is it just you on the booking or another person too?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver
It’s just me on the booking. I suspect Krisz is correct in saying that the change fee for CE is actually £100.

This is not the wording on the booking though. It quotes a £50 change fee when I click on the outbound economy sector. It also quotes £50 if I click to change the inbound CE sector.

However when I actually attempt to change the CE sector I’m charged the £100 fee.
I tested changing just the outbound economy sector and would have only been charged the £50 fee. Changing both sectors £100.
Anonba likes this.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 3:49 am

When I do on a random route a mixed (economy out Business back) it does show £50 change fee and you are right it doesn't say if its different for CE. However if I do that same route as CE on all legs then it comes up as £100 for the change fee. So my guess is that BA website is just wrong and not able to show that the economy sector is £50 and the CE is £100. So BA management my booking correctly charged the fees. I do have an issue to mis-sell it at the first place so if you feel strong about it, I would take some screenshots and ask for a refund of £50. I'm not sure how far you want to go and is your time worth the £50, that's up to you.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:30 am

Originally Posted by skips66
It’s just me on the booking. I suspect Krisz is correct in saying that the change fee for CE is actually £100.

This is not the wording on the booking though. It quotes a £50 change fee when I click on the outbound economy sector. It also quotes £50 if I click to change the inbound CE sector.

However when I actually attempt to change the CE sector I’m charged the £100 fee.
I tested changing just the outbound economy sector and would have only been charged the £50 fee. Changing both sectors £100.
Ahh i skim read your first post yes, if you only change the outbound in ET it would be the £50 change fee for that. However if you change the inbound in club or both flights it would be the higher £100 change fee that applies.
Old Dec 30, 2022, 6:42 am

Double the amount to change a CE leg? Is it that much more complicated to change a CE leg than an ET one on the system?
Old Dec 30, 2022, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by AmaaiZeg
Double the amount to change a CE leg? Is it that much more complicated to change a CE leg than an ET one on the system?
change fee nothing to do with the complexity. its just a random number by the airline. The problem is here that BA is not clear on the website and only in this scenario where one leg is ET the other is CE.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.