Wiki Posts
Search

T5 first entrance question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club
T5 first entrance question

Hi, Due to fly from T5 this coming Thurs, 27/12. I’m a Gold member, so can you the first entrance. Can my wife, who’s a very occasional flyer and not Gold, come through with me ? TIA
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Yes. She can
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:28 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Just to expand on that, the access rules for the First Wing are the same as the access rules for the First Lounge and as you are entitled to take a guest that's the reason why she may accompany you.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

And welcome to flyertalk Johnboy123!

Regards

TBS
golfmad, LCSinTexas and T8191 like this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
She should also be able to board group 1 with you, basically wherever you can go she can.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Yes. She can
thanks Mike
Old Dec 26, 2022, 10:38 am

If she wants to go off shopping airside and re-enter the lounge (airside) it's best she takes your boarding pass along (with hers) to show the lounge agents to avoid any issues.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: American Life Time 2 Million Mile Platinum
Originally Posted by CKBA
If she wants to go off shopping airside and re-enter the lounge (airside) it's best she takes your boarding pass along (with hers) to show the lounge agents to avoid any issues.
I would not do that as how would they know who here husband (2nd boarding pass) is, except that it shows "someone" ostensibly is Gold.

I have had my wife just make herself known to the lounge attendant as she leaves and then if someone stops her on re-entry and the explanation of "being with my husband" does not suffice then she is to call me on my cell and I will come and undo the problem (which has never had to occur).

All the best.

PS: My wife loses things, so having her have my boarding pass raises my travel pressures , heck having her have HER boarding pass makes my anxious .
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Dec 26, 2022, 3:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
There is no need for that. When you guest someone they are linked to your booking. If the guest goes out they just need to show their own bp on return.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:28 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
There is no need for that. When you guest someone they are linked to your booking. If the guest goes out they just need to show their own bp on return.
... maybe "there should be no need for that" - when Mrs CKBA has gone off shopping she has always had issues getting back in - except when she has my BP to show alongside hers (hence why I suggested it). Besides, her BP gets a Group 1 'stamp' so you would have thought that that would have been an indication.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 2:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
... maybe "there should be no need for that" - when Mrs CKBA has gone off shopping she has always had issues getting back in - except when she has my BP to show alongside hers (hence why I suggested it). Besides, her BP gets a Group 1 'stamp' so you would have thought that that would have been an indication.
well there is something odd going on there in that case for you. that’s not normal.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 3:38 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by mnhusker
I would not do that as how would they know who here husband (2nd boarding pass) is, except that it shows "someone" ostensibly is Gold.

PS: My wife loses things, so having her have my boarding pass raises my travel pressures , heck having her have HER boarding pass makes my anxious .
Were my husband to write that on Flyertalk, he and my hairbrush would interact whether it were true or otherwise. I would collect him from the hospital upon my return!

I have never had an issue with my husband getting back in. They probably feel sorry for him, This may indeed apply to your wife

Enjoy the Lounge both of you!
nilsfr69, mnhusker and sdmr like this.
Old Dec 27, 2022, 5:19 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all of you advice and I’m sure she’ll enjoy ☺️🥂
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:18 am

I'll experiment next week - if you don't see any more posts from me after that, fear the worst!
Old Dec 27, 2022, 6:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
I'll experiment next week - if you don't see any more posts from me after that, fear the worst!
Who was it who said “I may be gone for some time” ……? One of the early Antarctic explorers ….?

Rest assured we will mention you in despatches, CKBA
mnhusker likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.