Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Seats randomly reassigned

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2022, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by GentleGiant
Probably because of the perceived disturbance throughout the flight.

Not all parents are responsible and are quite happy for their children to make a noise whilst they turn the volume up on the film.....

Glad to know that you are different
Had a dreadful experience on Virgin in Spring in PE. The couple had a young baby, who was struggling to settle. Not once in the entire flight did either of the parents stand up to carry the baby around to try and soothe it. They just sat there and left it crying in the bassinet. It was non-stop for 8 hours.

I have no issue whatsoever with babies crying on planes. I have a massive issue with parents who don't try and calm their baby, and these parents didn't seem to give a proverbial.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:50 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott LT Platinum
Originally Posted by Okrib
Had a dreadful experience on Virgin in Spring in PE. The couple had a young baby, who was struggling to settle. Not once in the entire flight did either of the parents stand up to carry the baby around to try and soothe it. They just sat there and left it crying in the bassinet. It was non-stop for 8 hours.

I have no issue whatsoever with babies crying on planes. I have a massive issue with parents who don't try and calm their baby, and these parents didn't seem to give a proverbial.
Thats of course super bad parenting. Not that I am the best but at least I try to show him the whole plane and try to drink Champagne at the same time !
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club - Silver, Nectar, Tesco
Originally Posted by Okrib

I recently went to Malta and on the way back there was a baby that started crying. Dad picked her up and started walking up and down gently rocking it as he apologised in broken English to almost each and every passenger. In the end, a couple of passengers swapped seats with him so the soothing sounds of the engines could lull the little tyke to sleep and they did - all the way to the gate at Gatwick
wrp96 and Duck1981 like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 6:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by aristoph
I just don’t believe it. Again, I bet you $100 those seats are occupied tomorrow night. And i am well aware that BA doesn’t care about GCHs.
Also BA swapping aircraft very often. Normally they would schedule one long time before the flight, then things get change and move, etc. I've seen it many times. So what BA is doing that if you are on an aircraft with inoperable seat they will move you somewhere. If it's an empty flight then as a GCH you get assigned a great seat. However if the fight is full and most seats are taken then not much choice BA has. Then BA OPS changing your plane to a different one. So that doesn't have broken seats and your original seats become available. If you lucky you could move yourself back if not then yes someone will sit there.
I would suggest to sign up for expert flyer and get a seat alert so you can be alerted as soon as possible if those seats become available. BA is just too big company to start playing games with customers and start moving them randomly just to put staff there. Staff also doesn't have to wear uniform either, and staff can be for example an engineer, etc.
I understand that it's not great to be moved, however not much anyone can do.
etiene and Techonista like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 8:41 am

"I just don’t believe it. Again, I bet you $100 those seats are occupied tomorrow night. And i am well aware that BA doesn’t care about GCHs."

it's here where it went wrong. You came across as arguing with people taking time to help you. Relax, there are 800,000 people on this forum. No Hard Feelings!!!
TTmex and marcro like this.

Last edited by A Berry; Dec 23, 2022 at 8:45 am Reason: add
Old Dec 23, 2022, 9:45 am

Programs: BAEC
It would be good if OP comes back and tells us what actually happens with their seats. I don’t believe BA are a particularly great airline at the moment but I also don’t believe they will brazenly give staff the seat chosen by a revenue passenger.
I suspect it’s much more likely, as all the more knowledgeable people than me on here are saying, that there are several inoperative seats on the aircraft. If someone is sitting in the seat you chose there is no harm in politely asking senior crew what the deal is. A non-existent recline or no IFE on such a long flight would be much more annoying than a less well paced seat and you may feel better knowing what has happened. Of course there’s a danger that the fault has been fixed and you see a perfectly happy revenue passenger having been able to select your seat after it was returned to service. I doubt it from what others are saying about the average number of longish term inop seats on these aircraft but if it does happen, then c’est la vie or as they say in France “that’s life”.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by 1Aturnleft
not to be used for revenge
​​​
Thanks for the smile
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: Lemonia. Best Greek ever.
Originally Posted by Kgmm77
I doubt many other carriers are in such a state of operational omnishambles that they are carrying so many inoperable seats.

I am quite intrigued about the idea of revenge passenger use though 😁
"operational omnishambles" is a great phrase about BA. - AND LHR!!!
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Foofighter69
As another data point, I was in 57A on BA109 tonight (slated to be flown by G-XLEK, an A380) and got moved to another upper deck window seat.

Spoke to someone on the GGL line and they think it’s because the seat is defective. It indeed is blocked on EF as are a few others, and these same seats are also blocked on the return trip this aircraft will take from Dubai on 24th December. So it looks like it’s a defective seat issue.

Now if you look on EF at the seat map for yesterday’s G-XLEH routings you’ll see it’s occupied, as were other seats that one could deduce to be defective. Could have been staff travel in a defective seat.

This morning’s routing certainly has 57A blocked and some other suspected defective seats.

I will find out more on tonight’s flight and report back.
Sitrep: The seat I got booted out of that was blocked because BA advised me that the seat was defective (and the adjacent seat that was also blocked) have both been occupied.

I have had my seat reassigned again, but I’m not complaining this time either as it’s still a window seat but now in F.
JayeJ, bisonrav and markmac like this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:31 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
The seats on BA59 are..... [drum roll].... occupied
Foofighter69 likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
It’s T-3h on BA109, but I can only assume that these seats are genuinely defective but proactively assigned to staff ticket holders to enable them to get to their destination for Xmas. Nothing wrong with this situation whatsoever in my book.
1Aturnleft likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2022, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by BrunswickSq
Thanks for the smile
I'd usually go back to edit but I think I'll let that Freudian error slide. Seems more appropriate than than the word I'd assumed I'd typed in the first place!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.