Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat Selection part Avios then upgraded - Refund

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2022, 1:30 pm
Original Poster

• On 29 Nov, I booked PE in BA for a flight in May 23. I paid for a seat selection, as I travel alone, and don't want to get stuck in the middle!
  • I paid £52 plus 3375 avios (I can't remember the cost of the seat). However, later that day I decided to upgrade to Club World. Again, I chose a specific seat and paid for it, but this time only cash, no avios. (£48)
Following me upgrading, I asked the question on BA's twitter messaging about refunding of my original PE seat selection, and they confirmed that "As you've upgraded you will receive a full refund for your pre-paid World Traveller Plus seat"

I then completed the 'Seating Claim Form' though I am not sure if this was required, or whether the refund would have just been automatic due to me upgrading (I paid with cash, no avios).

My question is, does the 'full refund' include the 3375 avios as well? Or just the £52?

After I had submitted the 'Seating Claim Form" I then paid for a Club World seat, and it was only £48, which I thought was a low price. Looking now, the price to select a seat has increased to £117.

my credit card has just been refunded (always very quickly, as is my experience with BA) for £100, and my worry now is that they have refunded me also for the Club World seat. I am really nervous that seat is going to disappear (I.e. it becomes available again) so I keep checking, and it is still confirmed for me, but I don't think I can keep checking every day until May to make sure it remains 'my seat'!

I have asked the question to BA, but they haven’t responded which is unusual, and I really nervous they will release that seat despite me having paid for it.

Last edited by HGOLI; Dec 17, 2022 at 1:56 pm
Old Dec 17, 2022, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by HGOLI
  • On 29 Nov, I booked PE in BA for a flight in May 23. I paid for a seat selection, as I travel alone, and don't want to get stuck in the middle!
  • I paid £52 plus 3375 avios (I can't remember the cost of the seat). However, later that day I decided to upgrade to Club World. Again, I chose a specific seat and paid for it, but this time only cash, no avios. (£48)
Following me upgrading, I asked the question on BA's twitter messaging about refunding of my original PE seat selection, and they confirmed that "As you've upgraded you will receive a full refund for your pre-paid World Traveller Plus seat"

I then completed the 'Seating Claim Form' though I am not sure if this was required, or whether the refund would have just been automatic due to me upgrading (I paid with cash, no avios).

My question is, does the 'full refund' include the 3375 avios as well? Or just the £52?

After I had submitted the 'Seating Claim Form" I then paid for a Club World seat, and it was only £48, which I thought was a low price. Looking now, the price to select a seat has increased to £117.

my credit card has just been refunded (always very quickly, as is my experience with BA) for £100, and my worry now is that they have refunded me also for the Club World seat. I am really nervous that seat is going to disappear (I.e. it becomes available again) so I keep checking, and it is still confirmed for me, but I don't think I can keep checking every day until May to make sure it remains 'my seat'!

I have asked the question to BA, but they haven’t responded which is unusual, and I really nervous they will release that seat despite me having paid for it.

I suspect actually the seat was £100 in Club and you were charged the difference in price, rather than £48 being the full cost of a seat in Club.
HGOLI likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.