Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5 to T3

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:01 pm
Original Poster

LHR T5 to T3

Anyone transfered from T5 to T3 recently on a Monday evening (around 6-7pm)?
How was it? How long did it take? (No bags to collect)
Old Dec 7, 2022, 5:50 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
That's a quiet time, it should only take about 40 minutes from your T3 gate to past security in T5. Detailed steps in the Transfer thread in the BA Forum Dashboard.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 12:59 am

I can’t help with the original question as I’ve not done this lately, but I wonder if corporate-wage-slave’s helpful answer was the inverse of what the OP was after (T5 to T3, rather than T3 to T5)?

I assume it isn’t that much different going in the other direction, though!
Old Dec 8, 2022, 1:10 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Challenge will be at T3 where they only had one line open last week when I did the transfer around 4pm.
People in wheelchairs take priority so it can be quite slow.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:00 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by squawk
I assume it isn’t that much different going in the other direction, though!
Yes I had manage to misread something quite clearly laid out. It is essentially the same in both direction, with the T3 security check being slighly busier than T5 at that hour. But it should only take a few minutes to get through.
squawk likes this.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes I had manage to misread something quite clearly laid out. It is essentially the same in both direction, with the T3 security check being slighly busier than T5 at that hour. But it should only take a few minutes to get through.
It happens to the best of us! Thanks for the clarification going the other way - useful to know.
Old Dec 8, 2022, 4:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hertz Presidents Circle.
Originally Posted by Markie
Challenge will be at T3 where they only had one line open last week when I did the transfer around 4pm.
People in wheelchairs take priority so it can be quite slow.
Second this, from deboarding at T5 to security at T3 was a breeze, juat depends on how you land for a bus and how far to walk. T3 security was busy, no fastrack, took over 30 mins to get through, that was around 10am on Monday morning.

If there's less flights departing at your hour it probably wont be as busy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.