Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Booked Trip with Iberia - Receiving Emails in Spanish

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

We booked a trip through BA that includes Iberia flights. I received a long email today from Iberia with information on one of our flights in Spanish 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is this the default language for Iberia emails or can I ask BA to update my preferred language (or is it possible to do online)?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:22 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
If you want to know what it says just copy it and pop it into translate.google.com and pick your preferred language.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 7:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
I've had this occur before, no idea if it is intended behaviour or just Iberia sending communications in their usual language.

As above, usually just pop it into Google Translate to ensure nothing alarming is being stated.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by golfmad
If you want to know what it says just copy it and pop it into translate.google.com and pick your preferred language.
Yes, I am aware of Google Translate, but would rather get the email in English in the first place if there is an option?
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:30 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by ademanuele
Yes, I am aware of Google Translate, but would rather get the email in English in the first place if there is an option?
You can either spend 10 seconds translating it or a few hours battling (and probably failing) with IT systems.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 8:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ademanuele
We booked a trip through BA that includes Iberia flights. I received a long email today from Iberia with information on one of our flights in Spanish 🤷🏻‍♂️ Is this the default language for Iberia emails or can I ask BA to update my preferred language (or is it possible to do online)?
Just checked 'old' emails which included Iberia flights and mine were in English. Haven't the foggiest why I'm afraid.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.