Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Trying to change O class fare on BA codeshare with QR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA silver

My niece is booked LHR-Adelaide with QR on a BA flight number booked via the BA website. She wants to extend her time in Australia and is trying to do this via the BA website, which is offering an alternative route via Sydney with BA, which is showing as way cheaper than just moving the date with QR. However when she tries to book this it comes up with ‘there is a fault, try later’. After two days of this she has called BA to be told it has to be referred to the ‘back office’ who will ‘contact her’.
Is the issue her O class fare? Is she likely to be able to get the fare BA is offering on their website?
Any experience gratefully received. Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2022, 4:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
It's more likely the fare rules that matter here, rather than the Booking Class per se. That said O fares are usually relatively cheap and thus flexing the ticket comes at a cost. She should hear back from the back office after a few days, they will put (hopefully) a quote on to the PNR and then a contact centre agent can read back that quote to her.
Dorsetboy likes this.
Old Dec 1, 2022, 6:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
It's more likely the fare rules that matter here, rather than the Booking Class per se. That said O fares are usually relatively cheap and thus flexing the ticket comes at a cost. She should hear back from the back office after a few days, they will put (hopefully) a quote on to the PNR and then a contact centre agent can read back that quote to her.
Thanks CWS. I have told her to be patient. Just seems odd to me that the website would offer her a change, readily fire up a price for that change, but then not honour it. I suppose that’s the vagaries of fare rules
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:33 am
Original Poster

I just want to put on record the help I have received from the BA Refund Helper who frequents this board. He got involved last Friday evening, when it looked like there were some complications, and by mid morning Monday everything was sorted.
Real added value from an ‘unsung hero’. If only I had that Golden Ticket!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.