Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Executive Club website not catching up with policy changes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2022, 9:33 am
Original Poster

I saw this today on my executive club account. Is this an error?

I thought the Concorde Room Card is now discontinued with GGL having access to Concorde Lounge LHR T5, Breakfast room Arrivals Lounge and JFK (pre-Chelsea)? Have I misunderstood?

Concorde Room Card?
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Yes, I see exactly the same thing but the link to the Concorde Card shown on the website just goes to the full list of GGL benefits. It is just a leftover from when the CCR card was a thing.

On the plus side, this is where I saw it now lists access to the Chelsea as a benefit regardless of cabin for GGLs. I posted that info here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34793073-post156.html
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
BA is not alone in this. I called a financial institution this morning to re-fix a Savings Bond. The Agent kindly noted that the interest rate on their website would be 0.75% higher on Thursday and would I like to wait?

The more specifics there are out there on the www the harder it is for any organisation to keep up to date.
TheRealBabushka likes this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes, I see exactly the same thing but the link to the Concorde Card shown on the website just goes to the full list of GGL benefits. It is just a leftover from when the CCR card was a thing.

On the plus side, this is where I saw it now lists access to the Chelsea as a benefit regardless of cabin for GGLs. I posted that info here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/34793073-post156.html
Indeed! But the chap on here who flies Alaska shall be disappointed. It's limited only to BA/AA flights. It's also interesting that Concierge Key has access only when on AA Flagship routes, as opposed to BAEC GGL flying on any AA sector. Who'd thought GGL officially trumping Concierge Key!
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:25 am
Original Poster

Also on this subject, it seems for GGL renewing, after 3,500 TP there is really not much benefit to continue flying OW with the next hurdle being 6,000 TP.

2,500 TP is a big gap with significant missed opportunity to incentivise further sales.
BA or bust likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.