Wiki Posts
Search

Chicago O’Hare lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2022, 11:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Chicago O’Hare lounges

The BA flights back to London are delayed today and that will give us a lot of time at O’Hare.

My partner is Gold and we wondered if we should head to the terminal 3 AA lounges after checking in at terminal 5 as we will have the time and the BA lounge is not the best and will be busy.

Do any regulars know if this is possible/advisable.

Many thanks
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:30 pm

Probably too late for you now, but no, it's not possible. I wish it was!
dgreen678 and SxMan like this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by dgreen678
The BA flights back to London are delayed today and that will give us a lot of time at O’Hare.

My partner is Gold and we wondered if we should head to the terminal 3 AA lounges after checking in at terminal 5 as we will have the time and the BA lounge is not the best and will be busy.

Do any regulars know if this is possible/advisable.

Many thanks
If it was possible (it's not) then the AA lounge would have been the last lounge you'd have wanted to visit in T3. QF and CX are probably the better two and I preferred the BA lounge to AA before it was refurbished anyway.
Going to T3 specifically to use the AA lounge is like going to Italy to try a Big Mac!
RJD1983, SxMan and mnhusker like this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 12:56 pm

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by layz
If it was possible (it's not) then the AA lounge would have been the last lounge you'd have wanted to visit in T3. QF and CX are probably the better two and I preferred the BA lounge to AA before it was refurbished anyway.
Going to T3 specifically to use the AA lounge is like going to Italy to try a Big Mac!
Someone didn't read the thread title...or the post. OP is at ORD.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver
Originally Posted by FT01
thanks - I was not sure it was possible - BA lounge it is!
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
It is possible at ORD. Once you’ve checked in and have a boarding pass for any terminal at ORD you can use that boarding pass to clear security at any terminal. You just need to leave enough time to get from T3 back to T5 and clear security again.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by FT01
Originally Posted by dgreen678
thanks - I was not sure it was possible - BA lounge it is!
See my response above. It is possible.
dgreen678 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Originally Posted by wrp96
It is possible at ORD. Once you’ve checked in and have a boarding pass for any terminal at ORD you can use that boarding pass to clear security at any terminal. You just need to leave enough time to get from T3 back to T5 and clear security again.
Correct, in the USA, unlike T5 at LHR, a same day BP allows you entrance to any terminal at the airport. I was able to gain access to the AA FL in T3 a few weeks ago on a BA ticket. While the ORD FL is my least favorite in the system, it’s still immensely better from an aesthetic standpoint from the BA galleries in T5. But fyi, the post security bus is no more, and having done the commute from T5-T3 at ORD it still takes ~20-30 minutes from gate to gate by using sky train and TSA Pre.
dgreen678 and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 26, 2022, 4:32 pm

I stand corrected.
At least the OP will know better for next time now.
dgreen678 and wrp96 like this.
Old Nov 28, 2022, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by Airprox
Someone didn't read the thread title...or the post. OP is at ORD.
LOL, I think I know what happened!
I clicked on the thread then got distracted, then when I went back to my computer I read the message quickly and with T5 and T3 mentioned I thought it must be LHR - ORD as opposed to the other way round.
I need to pay more attention plus also refresh the page if I'm coming back to a thread I have left open in a tab!
RJD1983 likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 1:57 pm
BCH

Confirming my understanding from this and other threads that using AA FL in T3 at O'Hare is still the best option for BA travellers (given that the BA own lounge is either atrocious or closed)? I have Priority Pass and AmEx Plat cards and One World Emerald (via AA Platinum Pro). But I don't think that opens up any other lounges for me?

Thank you and happy new year.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
Provided you have the time, the T3 Flagship is indeed more pleasant. Priority Pass will get you the T5 Swissport but I think if in T5 anyway I’d choose BA over that. Not sure about any other lounges available through Amex as I’ve never used them.
BCH and RJD1983 like this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 2:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
The lounges at ORD are pretty dreadful. The last time I was there I maximised time in the city rather than look to spend time at the airport.
BCH likes this.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:19 pm
BCH

Originally Posted by srbrenna
The lounges at ORD are pretty dreadful. The last time I was there I maximised time in the city rather than look to spend time at the airport.
Pretty sad.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: BAEC
Although the lounge itself is dreadful, in my experience, the staff are lovely.
becks1 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.