Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Silver Benefits not showing/TP on Avios booked flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

So I did an LHR-DUB cheap return on Tuesday, the last day of my TP year, to get the 15 points I needed to achieve Silver status (thanks to advice on here). On Wednesday all my TP reset as expected, and today it has reflected the trip and upgraded my account to Silver.

I have an LHR-MAD trip booked in later this month, so I figured I should be able to reserve my seats for free. But both website and app, whilst showing silver status, are asking for cash to purchase the seats. Is that right, and if not what should I do - please don't let it be phone the call centre....

The Madrid trip was booked via Avios and companion voucher. It is showing as earning 0 Avios and 0 TP in manage my booking. Yet when we flew LHR-ORD in F on a companion voucher in September, that earned us both Avios and TP. Should I be earning for the MAD trip?

Thanks as ever for the insights!
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

You were fortunate TPs and Avios on your 241. Think no more about that as it shouldn't have credited anything

Therefore it's a no for your MAD trip as redemption flights don't earn anything.

Have you logged out then back in after achieving status? See if that works but if not then im sure it'll hopefully resolve itself quickly.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
If you booked as an award ticket, no, you will get 0Tps and 0 avios. Those were never eligible, and if you got credit for a flight in F booked using avios, you pretty much won the lottery! Was your initial flight then cancelled and maybe BA rebooked you in a paid bucket?
AirbusA350 likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Crikey - being awarded Tier Points on an F return on a reward literally got you Silver for nothing !
Old Nov 11, 2022, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Blue
Originally Posted by bluegartons
I have an LHR-MAD trip booked in later this month, so I figured I should be able to reserve my seats for free. But both website and app, whilst showing silver status, are asking for cash to purchase the seats. Is that right, and if not what should I do - please don't let it be phone the call centre....
I'm in pretty much the same situation, made Silver 4d ago and an existing booking I have for later this month still says I have to pay to select seats. I went to the RJ MMB, removed my BAEC membership and re-added it, no change. Called the Bremen call center, waited for ~7mins, they had a quick look and said they couldn't see a way to "sync" the account. They said every time they added my membership number the booking "engine" recognized me as Bronze, and advised to wait a few days until all the systems sync. They could see my correct status though, so they offered to select a seat for me.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: British Airways GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond & Marriott Gold
Give it a week to sync.....
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Yes, the F flight was a covid casualty from 2 years ago finally rebooked.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 12:48 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
Crikey - being awarded Tier Points on an F return on a reward literally got you Silver for nothing !
Yep, think I'll just shut up!!!

Then again, if I could just get the missus 30 points before end of year she will get it too...
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Yep, think I'll just shut up!!!

Then again, if I could just get the missus 30 points before end of year she will get it too...
Oh that's easy, a one way trip in Club Europe as far away as possible will earn her at least 40 TP. Or perhaps 35 for Tel Aviv in economy!
bluegartons likes this.
Old Nov 11, 2022, 1:44 pm

It takes time to sort itself out - mine was still showing bronze status on boarding pass months after i achieved silver this year.
give the callcentre a call they can reserve your seats for you and sort the glitch
Old Nov 11, 2022, 6:32 pm

Yes, the F flight was a covid casualty from 2 years ago finally rebooked.
Oh you probably got lucky and were rebooked into an Avios earning fare class and hence the credit. If I were you, if this continues to be a problem, I’d call BAEC and ask them to investigate as there have been reports of people’s status not syncing up properly after earning status which becomes a particularly big issue when it comes to dealing with partner airlines and lounge access outside of the BA ecosystem particularly if the status hasn’t been changed across the board.
Old Nov 12, 2022, 1:51 am

I'm having a similar problem to this having upgraded to gold last week, my BP is showing as Silver still. The Twitter team have sent a request through to Exec Club back office, just waiting to see if they can action anything. Was worried that it would prevent me from getting into the GF lounge yesterday, but flashing my virtual card worked ☺️

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.