Wiki Posts
Search

Unaccompanied children on BA to USA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Gold
Unaccompanied children on BA to USA

Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone have recent experience of unaccompanied children travelling to the USA with BA travelling on a UK passport? They would be age 15 and coming to join me at the end of a work trip. Any advice? Thank you.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
BA.com shows the terms to this here :

Children travelling alone | Special Assistance | British Airways
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Thank you
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Basically if you decide to let them travel alone they will get no assistance.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Basically if you decide to let them travel alone they will get no assistance.
Thank you. They have been travelling since an early age so that aspect doesn't concern me too much.
Return2flight and HIDDY like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 5:07 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Our 14 year old daughter took her first solo flight earlier in the year. Similar situation to you, flown a lot since she was young, and familiar with both airports in UK and USA. They have to keep the ‘young traveler’ form with them. (I think it is 3 trips she has now taken and never had to show it once). She didn’t want to interact with staff at airport as she figured it may lead to a load more questions, so we pre-did all VeriFLY and she went to self check-in!

Crew had assumed she was travelling with adult next to her, but in conversation it came up not to be the case, so they told her they found her a better seat, three to herself, and I think she got endless snacks!! From our experience if your child wanted a bit of extra attention in flight, our experience was great!

They are on their own though, but it seems like you have no doubts, like us. We are dual citizens, so I can’t give any input if the US border has any extra hoops for entering with the UK passport by themself.
SxMan, birdiedouble, HIDDY and 2 others like this.
Old Nov 1, 2022, 11:57 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dualie
Our 14 year old daughter took her first solo flight earlier in the year. Similar situation to you, flown a lot since she was young, and familiar with both airports in UK and USA. They have to keep the ‘young traveler’ form with them. (I think it is 3 trips she has now taken and never had to show it once). She didn’t want to interact with staff at airport as she figured it may lead to a load more questions, so we pre-did all VeriFLY and she went to self check-in!

Crew had assumed she was travelling with adult next to her, but in conversation it came up not to be the case, so they told her they found her a better seat, three to herself, and I think she got endless snacks!! From our experience if your child wanted a bit of extra attention in flight, our experience was great!

They are on their own though, but it seems like you have no doubts, like us. We are dual citizens, so I can’t give any input if the US border has any extra hoops for entering with the UK passport by themself.
Thank you for taking the time to answer. I’m glad to hear things went well for your daughter on her flights.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.