Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

1st Leg Cancelled, can I change other Legs with BA booked through an OTA??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Hi All,

My situation is as follows:

I've booked a very cheap ticket back to NZ for Christmas originating in Zagreb (London based - about a 1/4 of the price of the LHR to AKL ticket with the same flights) through an OTA; BA ticketed, but BA from Zagreb to Heathrow, then AA from London to Dallas to Auckland (and back). I have booked a separate BA ticket too and from Zagreb (booked directly with BA), a few days before the flight and after it returns.

The issue is the first leg of the ZAG to AKL (ZAG to LHR) was cancelled and now moved to the day before (now leaving two days between the first and second segment), and also the ZAG to LHR on the separate ticket was cancelled. I've checked the LHR-ZAG return and am able to change both legs to an alternative date that suits me, and have emailed the OTA about changing the ZAR-LHR leg from two days before to 4 days before to fall on the weekend - I don't anticipate this to be an issue.

The issue is, I'm also trying to get the last leg of the ZAG to AKL trip (LHR to ZAG) to be moved from a Monday evening, to the following Saturday (the DFW to LHR arrives Monday morning); this will coincide with the moved ZAG to LHR flight from the Tuesday evening till the following Sunday. What is the likelihood of BA agreeing to this change? As I can see they've been more than willing to be able to change around the dates of both legs of the LHR to ZAG ticket with no cost when only the first segment was cancelled - I am hoping they would agree to the last segment of the ZAG to AKL (LHR to ZAG) to be changed even if that leg wasn't cancelled. Does anyone have experience with this, or with an OTA making changes as such?

Thanks.
Old Oct 27, 2022, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
It is down to the OTA to change the ticket. Cant see much of a problem with however its down to the OTA. Some charges for changes others are not. Some allow these changes others are not. It is possible that the ticket using private fares which can come with its own rules. BA can only touch your ticket within 24 hours of the flight.
Cymro likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.