Wiki Posts
Search

JNB First Pre-dining menu

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonours, SPG, AVIS
JNB First Pre-dining menu

Mrs E2S and I are on the BA54 @ 22:15 in November, which will too late to for us to dine. I know JNB offers pre-flight dining, and was wondering what the current menu is
Old Oct 20, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Dine at a restaurant in Sandton and have a great, relaxed meal there, then get to Tambo at 9ish.
wanderingjock and alexwuk like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
OP could well be in transit - I took the question to be food options at JNB
surryson and orbitmic like this.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Sorry, yes, I have a flight from CPT on SAFAIR on a separate booking, and a 4-hour connection. Did consider the Intercontinental which can be hit & miss
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:16 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, *G, EK Skywards Silver
Ah fair enough. Don’t have the latest menu unfortunately but hopefully someone can provide. I was a bit underwhelmed when I was last there.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
Eating on board would be my suggestion. Other ideas are left field.
Old Oct 21, 2022, 1:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Eating on board would be my suggestion. Other ideas are left field.
If the flight wasn't at 22:15, which means eating around midnight, I would agree with you. GIve the late departure, both Mrs E2S & myself would prefer to eat earlier, so that we don't struggle to sleep on a full stomach
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Pre-flight dining menu on 6/11/22
Old Nov 7, 2022, 9:55 am
Original Poster

Greek salad & salmon starter

The chicken curry
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:17 am

Programs: LH Senator BA Silver
Originally Posted by escape2sun
Sorry, yes, I have a flight from CPT on SAFAIR on a separate booking, and a 4-hour connection. Did consider the Intercontinental which can be hit & miss
I have the same itinerary on 2 January and curious to understand your experience in First Dining in the lounge versus dining at the Intercontinental which I have done in the past.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 1:53 am
Original Poster

We found the atmosphere quite relaxed away from the bright lights of the lounge. The food was OK, with the portions more designed for a light meal. The curry wss very mild, I would have preferred a bit more of a kick, Mrs E2S enjoyed the salmon & salad. The staff made sure your glass was never empty. The champagne was Lanson Black Label, the rose Simonsig. They had a Journey's End Merlot which I've found pleasant in the past

From what I could see, those who ate in the First dining area, skipped the meal on board.

I would say, the meals in the Intercontinental are more substantial, but the service can be hit & miss
wfiring12 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 2:19 am

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
There are no shortage of other options in JNB rather than Quills at the IC. The food hall is located between the domestic and international terminals (on the departures level, where you can find Nandos, Oceans Basket, Spur, Steers, Wimpey, Mugg & Bean, a pub and a few other fast food options. There used to be a half decent (by airport standards) restaurant after international security, but last time I passed through it seemed to have become more of a bar with food. There are also some decent chain restaurants at the Emporers Palace complex, which is under 10 minutes by Uber/Bolt. Or there is the option of a good lunch in Cape Town, and a snack and drink in the lounge.
wfiring12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.