Wiki Posts
Search

Flight cancellation refund times

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Flight cancellation refund times

Hi all,

My flight has been cancelled by BA due to the Italian strikes on Friday. The rebooking option online doesn’t work for me and due to circumstances I had to hang up after 30 mins on the phone waiting to speak with someone and only had WiFi, no mobile signal. This led me to book a flight with miles for tomorrow that I needed rather than mess about further. It’s cost me another £35 and 1000 miles more than if was able to change the booking but I’m on a flight.
My original booking (also with miles) is still active but I haven’t confirmed the new flight offered or requested a refund.
I need the miles back asap to make another avios booking within the next week. Is it best to call and suffer the wait to speak with someone about doing this asap or is the refund request online you do through MMB a fast enough option?
Sorry that was long winded. TIA.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 3:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The online form should be immediate but if it's important then you best call just in case there is some complication. And a suggestion to get Skype added to your phone, you may not find it useful, but it's for the times when things go wrong.
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The online form should be immediate but if it's important then you best call just in case there is some complication. And a suggestion to get Skype added to your phone, you may not find it useful, but it's for the times when things go wrong.

Thank you! I guess I’ll brave it and call.

I’ve never used Skype before but im
guessing you use it for voice calls like WhatsApp can also?
Old Oct 20, 2022, 3:43 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NEMMIE
Thank you! I guess I’ll brave it and call.

I’ve never used Skype before but im
guessing you use it for voice calls like WhatsApp can also?
Alls well that ends well. Called from the lounge in Pisa. Got straight through with no wait whatsoever, flights cancelled with immediate avios redeposit back into my account within 10 mins. The £35 fee will take a little longer which I’m not worried about in the slightest. Very happy and relieved.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.