Search

LHR connection T3 airside to T5 landside

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
LHR connection T3 airside to T5 landside

I just arrived on an AA flight DFW-LHR and am connecting to BA LHR-DXB. I have enough time, however, to go for a run and/or into London, so plan to go landside and leave my luggage at left baggage. As I walked through T3, I had to make a split second decision between taking the Flight Connections bus and clearing immigration at T5, or clearing immigration at T3 and taking HEX to T5. I chose the former and it appears to have been a mistake given the queue. Is it always a mistake to do what I did, or did I just get unlucky today?
Old Oct 11, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
Originally Posted by Blumie
I just arrived on an AA flight DFW-LHR and am connecting to BA LHR-DXB. I have enough time, however, to go for a run and/or into London, so plan to go landside and leave my luggage at left baggage. As I walked through T3, I had to make a split second decision between taking the Flight Connections bus and clearing immigration at T5, or clearing immigration at T3 and taking HEX to T5. I chose the former and it appears to have been a mistake given the queue. Is it always a mistake to do what I did, or did I just get unlucky today?
You just got unlucky, sometimes you rock up at immigration in T5 and go directly to the e-gates, other times you arrive to a queue snaking down the corridor.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by Airprox
You just got unlucky, sometimes you rock up at immigration in T5 and go directly to the e-gates, other times you arrive to a queue snaking down the corridor.
Thanks. It turned out not to be too much of a problem. Three buses arrived at T3 in rapid succession to take passengers to T5. I got on the third bus and was able to get through the e-gates very quickly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.