Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Loganair for sale

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2022, 10:58 am
McG

Programs: BAEC
I wouldn't be surprised if Emerald Airlines were interested in picking up Loganair.
BearX220 likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:21 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Silver, IHG Platinum Elite
The only way BA would become suddenly interested, would be to stop Virgin buying it if they registered an interest in doing so.
LancashireFlyer likes this.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Silver
I can't see why either BA or VS would be interested. Loganair is seemingly successful, but it's not focussed around feeding traffic into LHR.

So either BA would have to be interested in operating a non-London focussed U.K. (predominantly Scottish) network - which would be at odds with its behaviour over many years now, or it would have to try to refocus its fleet of small jets and turboprops away from the routes they currently serve and into LHR, which just doesn't sound realistic or profitable.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 3:36 am

Originally Posted by McG
I wouldn't be surprised if Emerald Airlines were interested in picking up Loganair.
For me the most obvious fit would be Wideroe for them. Experience in this kind of ops and with an improving O+G situation the more SCO-NOR links the better

Due to the current shambles with ferries at the moment Loganair are doing well with passengers at light cargo to the Hebrides. Whether this is sustained in 2 years time who knows.

Highlands and Island residents do get a subsidy but travel to GLA/EDI is still very expensive.

As for BA, I can't see this being a fit for them so I doubt it would go beyond being a fag break conversation. Would be nice to get TP's and lounge access on EDI-BGO trips though. Maybe will just have to wait for BA to start operating the route again.
Old Oct 10, 2022, 5:34 am

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
Originally Posted by bafan
Surely not if it was taken into the new low cost Gatwick operation ?
Who are surely still paying a load of mainline BA cost overheads, certainly for maintenance. And they fly BA owned aircraft trained on BA simulators with pilots only semi-detached from the BA seniority list. Historically Finance always had a way of allocating costs in a way that killed regional or non LHR flying, not saying it's intentional, I don't know, it's just not credible that BA could own Loganair and not massively screw it up. It's what they always did in the past.

The only way I could see them trying would be merging into the distant Didsbury home of BA CityFlyer which would more than likely cause them to start losing money trying to make sense of a fleet that got hugely complex overnight.
SxMan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.