Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

FAQ : existing booking : how do check the fare class in MMB online or on the app ?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 9, 2022, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Oxon Flyer
I have an existing booking.

Can I find the fare class online in MMB on ba.com ?

Can In find fare class in the BA app ?

What other methods are there to find the fare class ?

How can I check the detailed fare rules ?

Print Wikipost

FAQ : existing booking : how do check the fare class in MMB online or on the app ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 1:57 pm
Original Poster

Is there a way AFTER a flight to check what fare class was booked? In the latest UX redesign of the My Account page it was not possible for me to find the details there anymore (and I can't even get to that page on completed flights), and it's not in the email receipt I got either.

I had the miles credited to Alaska, but it will take up to 8 weeks to process Trying to update my manual calculator in the meantime and not sure what we booked so I can give the right bonus levels.

Back in the old design you use to be able to tap on the flight number to get this info, but that was moved/removed?
What Is My British Airways Fare Class / Booking Class? - And How Do I Find It? - InsideFlyer UK
Old Sep 24, 2021, 2:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
when you go in to BA MMB you should see a bar at the top which says revert to old design. when you do that you should be able to look at the flight and click on more information for the pop up which shows selling class.

unfortunately selling class is not shown in the new design.
efincomputer and Hydebear like this.
Old Nov 11, 2021, 10:43 pm

Thank you !
Old Nov 12, 2021, 4:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by KARFA
when you go in to BA MMB you should see a bar at the top which says revert to old design. when you do that you should be able to look at the flight and click on more information for the pop up which shows selling class.

The new design really is an astonishing downgrade in functionality.

I'm baffled by the modern obsession in removing information from screens and using so much screen real estate as padding, forcing the end user to navigate multiple screens to get to information.
Old Nov 12, 2021, 5:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by David_Doyle
I'm baffled by the modern obsession in removing information from screens and using so much screen real estate as padding, forcing the end user to navigate multiple screens to get to information.
Pandering to smartphone users, usually.
jfc100 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 1:29 am

Programs: BMI DC Silver
revert to old design has gone

Originally Posted by KARFA

I was just trying to find this information, and the bar at the top that was supposed to say "revert to old design" is no longer there. Any idea how you check this now?
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:03 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by invocr
I was just trying to find this information, and the bar at the top that was supposed to say "revert to old design" is no longer there. Any idea how you check this now?
I don't know if BA is having one of its mini meltdowns, which are a bit of a risk on any day of the week with a Y in it, but I've checked several of my bookings and the old design is accessible for me, after the usual amd unnecessary "I understand" nag message, right at the top.

However if all else fails, use the BA PNR on the Finnair equivalent of MMB and use that screen to email you with the e-tocket report, which may well useful for other reasons.
Arsey00 likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2022, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
However if all else fails, use the BA PNR on the Finnair equivalent of MMB and use that screen to email you with the e-tocket report, which may well useful for other reasons.
The Qantas site will also give a very quick on-screen read-out of the booking class for each sector, if that's all that's needed.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
I had to try several times to get the “revert” bar today, but I finally did. It was annoying enough for me to not bother trying with another booking.

I’d have thought it a valuable enough piece of information that it should be somewhere people who aren’t on Flyertalk might find it. I’d like it back, either in MMB or on my receipt, as it is when I buy an AA ticket.
Old Jan 28, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
It's a bit annoying that things are so difficult to find. I quite like the PDF eticket receipts that many other carriers are sending that have all information on one page in this 90's like font: Seats, fare class, detailed fare, baggage allowance - it all fits neatly in 30 characters in one row. Or, of course, the BA way it takes 3 pages to print with mostly useless images.
hsmall and Arsey00 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:41 am

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Sorry for bumping this thread but I encountered the same issue that I couldn't find my fare class. And when trying to Manage My Booking on BA.COM it said I cannot because I have already flown my flight. Such bullcr*p because the PNR is still active.

So what I did was manage my booking via the Malaysia Airlines page, which perfectly outlines all details of the flight - INCLUDING t he fare class :-) Easy!

Why on earth would BA limit the ability to look into Manage My Booking after one has already flown...
Old Jun 23, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Deleted.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by EuroFlash
Sorry for bumping this thread but I encountered the same issue that I couldn't find my fare class. And when trying to Manage My Booking on BA.COM it said I cannot because I have already flown my flight. Such bullcr*p because the PNR is still active.

So what I did was manage my booking via the Malaysia Airlines page, which perfectly outlines all details of the flight - INCLUDING t he fare class :-) Easy!

Why on earth would BA limit the ability to look into Manage My Booking after one has already flown...

Should just be able to check in the activity section of My Account on the BA app.
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by EDIwanderer

Should just be able to check in the activity section of My Account on the BA app.
No Avios at all for H class?
Old Jun 23, 2022, 12:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by Will100
No Avios at all for H class?
1000 Avios for H, the line above was for my annual renewal, hence the 0TP showing for the flight flown before cut off but credited after.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.