Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Unevenly spreading weight across 2 x 23kg baggage

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Unevenly spreading weight across 2 x 23kg baggage

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2022, 10:41 am

Originally Posted by vsadda
Low Cost Carriers make their living by selling extras and they tend to be rather strict about this stuff. My only bad experience, with regards to weight distribution amongst checked in bags, in more than 35 years of flying also was with an LCC - Spice Jet in India. The check-in agents of classic carriers have more freedom to use their common sense and more often than not they do.
That is very thoughtful of you. The airlines already have weight limits in place. You can be extra kind to the baggage handlers, if you want to. Me thinks, following the rules is good enough.
Stormbel likes this.
Old Oct 1, 2022, 12:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
Originally Posted by Allan38103
Consider the fact that at some point a real person has to actually lift the bag. Wouldn't you be a nicer person of you thought of the handler lifting two medium weight bags instead of one light and one extra heavy?
If it was an option, I would have done it. But unfortunately due to having one larger and one smaller bag, it wasn't an option without purchasing another bag.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.