Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Cheese > Plane Cheese

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:15 am
Original Poster

Lounge Cheese > Plane Cheese

Currently in the EDI lounge awaiting my delayed LCY flight and it strikes me that the lounge cheeseboard selection will be better than that on my LHR-JFK flight tomorrow.

Will cheese pilfering from lounges become a thing.

​​​​​​No label on the jar but the accompanying chutney is excellent.

Fatdickie likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 6:55 am
Suspended

As both you and BA are paying for the cheese whether you eat it in the lounge or on board, I give you permission to take as much as you want. Ask reception for a bag. 😊
Cw novice, T8191, rt23456p and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Agreed … and some decent crackers while you’re at it! ✔️

Those supermarket offcuts in the CW cheese ‘board’ are a bloody disgrace.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Please don't start one of those threads again!!!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

All looks good to me.
Love the oatcakes and chutney....nowt like that available here. I much prefer wine with cheese though.
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:54 am
In memoriam

Programs: DL 2MM, AA MM, DL Sky Club Life, AA Admirals Club Life, Hilton Gold Life
If the cheese comes wrapped it's not good cheese, It's only redeeming character is that it makes less of a mess when you store in your pocket after pilfering
Old Sep 26, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Originally Posted by Lomapaseo
If the cheese comes wrapped it's not good cheese, It's only redeeming character is that it makes less of a mess when you store in your pocket after pilfering
So how would you know if it was wrapped cheese if it's been unwrapped and plated up? It could be the same cheese on board, just unwrapped.

It's very difficult to find cheese that doesn't have some form of wrapper.
AnaTravel likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:28 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
So how would you know if it was wrapped cheese if it's been unwrapped and plated up? It could be the same cheese on board, just unwrapped.

It's very difficult to find cheese that doesn't have some form of wrapper.
Sounds like bringing in some cling film to wrap the lounge cheese take away would be a smart move
T8191, nancypants and fluffymitten like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:06 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
I find wrappers or cling film unnecessary if one is able to swipe some Caerphilly.
mrow, TTmex and KARFA like this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:42 pm

Cheesus. This could brie another thread about pilfering. It's more than I can camem-bert.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:47 pm

Programs: Mucci Chevalier des Internautes Amables; BAEC
Perhaps, but even if it does become a problem there should be Stiltons left for everyone else.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 2:55 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by TheJayHatch
Perhaps, but even if it does become a problem there should be Stiltons left for everyone else.
I've heard that the transparent plastic bags available at LHR security for liquids are handy for pilfering the rather good stilton from Flounge. On cheese in lounges more generally, in August 2016 for just a few weeks, the Boston lounge had Coombe Castle Guinness cheddar. It's an excellent hard cheese and difficult to find. Since then, I've seen it once in St George's Market in Belfast but no where else. If BA cheese buyers are reading this, please could that cheese reappear in the Boston Lounge and please retain the decent stilton in Flouge.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 3:09 pm

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
I'm clearly living in the past when I recall the VS cheese trolley coming round, with several decent options, onion marmalade, grapes, port etc... admittedly they had to ditch it when the A330 came into service and the aisles in UC were too narrow...

But did BA EVER have a decent onboard cheese offering in J? Without having to think back to the last millennium?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
We'll have to call the cheese doctor!
You're lucky, having cheese at all. Most airlines don't offer it, on short haul anyway, but KLM has been known to come out with a few cheese options, as does SWISS. The Swiss like their cheese!
Old Sep 26, 2022, 4:58 pm

It's so easy to get cheesed off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.