Wiki Posts
Search

LHR lounge access after 2pm arrival.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Blue, Starbucks Gold
LHR lounge access after 2pm arrival.

Likely asked repeatedly on here but damned if I can find the answer: I arrive at 14h30 so miss arrivals lounge. Am I able to access the the airside lounges to freshen up even if LHR is my final destination? Apparently 2 years of not transiting through Heathrow has clouded my memory.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
No, you won’t be able to
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Blue, Starbucks Gold
Thats what I figured. Thanks!
Old Sep 25, 2022, 2:21 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
Originally Posted by markiemoose
Likely asked repeatedly on here but damned if I can find the answer: I arrive at 14h30 so miss arrivals lounge. Am I able to access the the airside lounges to freshen up even if LHR is my final destination? Apparently 2 years of not transiting through Heathrow has clouded my memory.
The assumption is that you will be able to access your hotel room after 2 p.m. and therefore don't need the arrivals lounge to freshen up. Which may not be the case if you're going directly to a meeting or dinner but I do think there's some logic to the policy from the airlines's point of view.
markiemoose and SxMan like this.
Old Sep 25, 2022, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond Hyatt Globalist Marriott Gold AA EXP
I'm also arriving at 2 pm from the US (AA First), but I have a later BA economy flight to AMS on a separate ticket. Can I access one of the lounges (AA EXP)?
Old Sep 25, 2022, 10:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
I'm also arriving at 2 pm from the US (AA First), but I have a later BA economy flight to AMS on a separate ticket. Can I access one of the lounges (AA EXP)?
Yes - you can access the 1st lounge in departures; holding EP status with AA affords OW Emerald status , which allows lounge access
Old Sep 25, 2022, 11:28 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by bbriscoe34
The First Wing and Galleries First lounge- definitely by virtue of your status but on the basis of recent conversations with Concorde Room staff I also believe you will have access there. Remember to keep your inbound BP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.