Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA’s Gatwick Ground Services

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2022, 10:58 am
Original Poster

BA’s Gatwick Ground Services

Shocking service from “GGS” representing BA at Gatwick. I hadn’t travelled from Gatwick with BA for a few years. I walked up to the Club World check-in area and there was only one staff sitting at the First check-in desk. She was chewing gum and didn’t even greet us! She was rude throughout the whole check-in process and very patronising! What on earth has happened to BA at Gatwick?!
This was also my sister and her family’s first time travelling with BA and they were appalled by her attitude. I’m amazed that such kind of behaviour is acceptable in a supposedly premium airline! The other thing I noticed is that they don’t even wear a BA uniform, just a tacky and cheap looking plain black suit and a white shirt. After that experience, I will avoid Gatwick at all cost in the future!
skipness1E likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
If that single experience changes your travel plans/options I politely suggest a head-wobble is in order. If I had that level of sensitivity I probably wouldn’t fly anywhere!

That said, there are some people out there who should not be in customer-facing positions … and I include some scruffy BA CC in that.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I wouldn’t avoid an airport based on a couple of grumpy ground staff, if it flies where you want to go, when you want to go, I’ll take that
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue (back to Earth)
What's the business reason that BA owned GGS don't wear BA uniforms whereas 3rd party Menzies UK do?
I mean you get what you pay for and BA isn't aspiring to be a premium carrier. It's not something that would have been tolerated in the last or acceptable today from other carriers, the relaxed attitude of the responders above shows BA manage low expectations fairly well 🫤
stevie_ba likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 1:39 pm

Like with most things in life, there's two sides to every story. All we've heard so far is sweeping statements without much context. For example we dont know the class of travel of ALL passengers travelling or in what context the perceived rudeness was encountered. As we're extremely unlikely to hear the corresponding side from the employee, I'll take the middle road and not let this feedback interfere with how I choose to travel moving forward. If Gatwick works for me, Gatwick it shall be.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I fly LGW 50% of the time (with BA) and the vast majority of check in experiences are on par with F check in at LHR, albeit less convenient to get to the lounge.

Only once in the last year have I had a different experience and coincidently was a LGW-ALC flight, where the check in staff only just arrived and they manned the F and CW desks, with no one yet serving the WT queue. I wonder if the timings of the first PM ALC flight lines up with the start of the shift.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 3:22 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Had nothing except great service at checkin and the lounges at Gatwick
Fatdickie likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.