Wiki Posts
Search

Water in GF

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2022, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum, HH Diamond; others
Water in GF

When did T5 GF switch from large self-pour bottles of water to vats of water? Feels more like AA admirals club style.
SxMan, rt23456p and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:17 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by manord
When did T5 GF switch from large self-pour bottles of water to vats of water? Feels more like AA admirals club style.
at least about 3 weeks ago - I was also taken by surprised as I wanted to grab a bottle but found that it had turned into jars of water now - I asked for one onboard (I was in Club), to bring with me at my destination. For me, yes this is a good thing to keep the amount of plastic bottles to the minimum, but at times if you forget you water container, it is not that handy. You might be able to get one I guess by asking at the bar?
Also looks like the JetStream beers are not in the fridge anymore. (at least when I wanted one, it was not available at all).

Cheers!
ademanuele and rt23456p like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
About a month ago. I think North American lounges (JFK, EWR, ORD, BOS, formerly YYZ) have been doing this for a few years now.
SxMan, rt23456p and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by manord
vats of water
You aren't limited to just what they put in those large jars, there are some fancy little Brita filtered taps by the coffee stations.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 5:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, KFC 'The Colonel's Club' Palladium tier, Mucci des Visions Célestes du Nord-Pas-de-Calais
You must drink the water from the fountain whilst in the confines of the lounge
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:28 am

Programs: BAEC
Same at the B lounge. There was one machine in the corner of the lounge, with only small glasses near it. The person before me managed to break it as well, so I just switched to cans of soda water.

The Galleries south lounge was PACKED, and I have no idea where they've hidden the water fountain in there. If nothing else, they need to leave some big jugs of tap water out for people to get a drink. It shouldn't be easier to get wine than water!
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can understand wanting to reduce plastic, but I would prefer cold, rather than ambient temperature water, which was already warm first thing in the morning….
rt23456p and becks1 like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:36 am

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
I can understand wanting to reduce plastic, but I would prefer cold, rather than ambient temperature water, which was already warm first thing in the morning….
I have to confess, I’ve never thought about drinking water while in the lounge but I do remember people taking the large bottles away which I suppose they want to stop.
SKT-DK likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 6:44 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by nldogbert
Also looks like the JetStream beers are not in the fridge anymore. (at least when I wanted one, it was not available at all).Cheers!
The water bottle change was a travesty but this is the final straw!
becks1 likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:12 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Perhaps BA could sell reusable water bottles in the lounge.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 7:38 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Well, if you want to take away beverages, go to a shop in the terminal?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:21 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Last time there, couple of weeks ago, I hadn't been able to find sparkling water. Where is kept now?
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, A3*G, Mucci de l'expertise des Apps
The large bottles had been glass ones for ages now so the "reduced plastic" argument doesn't hold water. It's simply saves money by serving a vat of Houslow tap water and not having to buy any bottles of water at all regardless of whether they are plastic or glass.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:55 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA SILVER
No bottles in the Concorde room anymore either! Not very “premium “
becks1 and camdentown like this.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR
Originally Posted by YacozA
The water bottle change was a travesty but this is the final straw!
Jetstream was in the fridges in Edinburgh on Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.