Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Have Iberia issued me a new booking? (New 5 digit PNR)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

We have BA flights / codeshare in November booked through Iberia. We've both had the bookings sitting in our BAEC accounts since March and seats selected etc.
The return leg CPT-LHR had moved earlier less than an hour which makes no difference for us I had no problem with it. However the IB website (with the 5 digit PNR) wouldn't let me accept it and just kept giving an error. I talked to an IB agent just now (mainly to see if we could change the first flight time - not possible, but I'm ok with that). I mentioned the above issue with the website and after 1 minute he said he had sorted it and would email through a confirmation.
He's emailed through a "travel document" from [email protected] - in it the flights and names are correct but there is a brand new 6 digit PNR, different to the previous one. The 5 digit IB PNR is the same. When I now log in to IB MMB I can see the flights but none of our BA FF details are there (I'm sure I had put them in earlier). My BAEC account still (for now) shows the original booking with the seats I want. If I log in to BA MMB with the new 6 digit PNR it says its a 'hold booking.'
Do I need to worry? Has the agent created a new booking with whatever he's done? Or is it likely the original 6 digit PNR booking will stay valid and not disappear?
Thanks!

Last edited by danmushman; Sep 14, 2022 at 1:30 pm
Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

I *think* mini panic over. I've logged back in to IB MMB with the 4 digit PNR and it's now displaying our FF numbers and reserved seating in line with BAEC.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:25 pm

IB have five digit PNRs which map to their own reservation system as well as a 6 digit PNR which is an Amadeus PNR typically accessible via quite a few oneworld airline websites.

It isn’t uncommon for there to be seating issues with IB, but accessing the booking via the IB app using either PNR usually resolves these issues. Alternatively you can use RJ, MH, Royal Air Maroc websites to update any seats or FF numbers/APIS data if at all there are any issues.
danmushman likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 1:27 pm
Original Poster

Sorry made a mistake in initial post - the six digit amadeus PNR was changed, the five digit PNR (IB's) was the same. Not sure why they gave me a second 6 digit PNR and both bookings (e.g. duplicated) are appearing in my IB app at the moment
Old Sep 14, 2022, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by danmushman
Sorry made a mistake in initial post - the six digit amadeus PNR was changed, the five digit PNR (IB's) was the same. Not sure why they gave me a second 6 digit PNR and both bookings (e.g. duplicated) are appearing in my IB app at the moment
I’m not sure, the only assumption I can make is that when IB re-issues a ticket and performs a ticket exchange, perhaps this generates a new Amadeus 6 digit PNR? Either way, it shouldn’t be a problem.
danmushman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.