Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GGL CCR/Flounge Guesting Etiquette

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2022, 4:56 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Based on policy you would only be able to guest one of them. You would be able to use TFW check-in for the whole group but not security since that goes into the lounge. If the lounge isn’t busy someone may make an exception but I absolutely wouldn’t count on it.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:04 am

Originally Posted by guytp
Based on policy you would only be able to guest one of them. You would be able to use TFW check-in for the whole group but not security since that goes into the lounge. If the lounge isn’t busy someone may make an exception but I absolutely wouldn’t count on it.
Ok. So based off the lack of security access do we ask in TFW to be allowed in or go through normal/fast track and then work our way to the Flounge and ask there? If no security access we have no need for TFW as will have done OLCI
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
Ok. So based off the lack of security access do we ask in TFW to be allowed in or go through normal/fast track and then work our way to the Flounge and ask there? If no security access we have no need for TFW as will have done OLCI
There are two check points to get into TFW security. The first scan is lounge access, the second scan is security BP check. The first person is a lounge agent so you can ask them and if they let you proceed you're in to lounge. If they don't you'd have to make your way around as normal and then ask the other lounge agent if you wanted to force the matter.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 5:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by RockyRobin
There were three of us at Palma the other day and I was the only one with status, the lounge lady obviously wouldn’t let in person number three.

So I let them sit in the hot terminal together whilst I stayed in the lounge, am I a bad man?
I can't imagine a scenario in which I would abandon two travelling companions in the terminal while I went to the lounge alone: I value time with my friends more than I do free food and cheap plonk, and abandoning work colleagues is not great for office relations. But YMMV, as they say.
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: Usual Amex Cent. GGL.
No, the query was whether you can guest into separate lounges. 2 in CCR (GGL + F) and 2 in Flounge.

(Whoops forgot to quote JP Flyer)
Old Sep 7, 2022, 7:16 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
Originally Posted by Misco60
I can't imagine a scenario in which I would abandon two travelling companions in the terminal while I went to the lounge alone: I value time with my friends more than I do free food and cheap plonk, and abandoning work colleagues is not great for office relations. But YMMV, as they say.
Indeed I do get this as well.

That said I'd just spent four days with them so we'd said what had to be said and we are all very tired. That's what you get for a 50th trip when you all think you are still 21....
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:39 am
Original Poster

Bittersweet Coda

So, the five of us rocked up at JFK last night and the person checking us in suggested the Concorde Room to me. I pointed out that I was not entitled to take so many people in so deferred to Galleries. Upon arrival at Galleries the person on the podium asked why I was trying to guest in 4 people when I was only entitled to one guest as a Gold. I pointed out that I was GGL and thereby entitled to 5 guests. She disagreed. She resignedly suggested I try my luck with the person at the First podium. This person also denied any right to guest in more than one person. I strongly disagreed. We were "allowed" in but the original person made a point of coming to find us to tell us that we shouldn't have been allowed in and that she'd "spoken" to the person who allowed us in, but that now we were in we could stay, I attempted to speak to a manager type and offered to show them the webpage showing GGL entitlement but was told that she'd worked there for years and didn't need to read anything. I was told that they were "done with speaking to me". I left my guests and walked to the Concorde Room to see if I was missing something.

The gentleman at the CCR apologised for his colleagues and invited the five of us into the CCR. I returned to Galleries, collected my guests and we all decamped to the CCR. Best CCR experience ever. Such attentive service.

So not a good start, but... the CCR team saved the day. And my nephews and niece are now spoilt for future flights
VSLover, klaus79856, wrp96 and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:57 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Lounge eligibility guide very very clearly shows GGL is allowed 5 guests - there is a whole entry in the table showing this which I have seen with my own eyes.
Old Oct 31, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KARFA
Lounge eligibility guide very very clearly shows GGL is allowed 5 guests - there is a whole entry in the table showing this which I have seen with my own eyes.
A formal complaint has been submitted. The gentleman at the CCR knew the staff member I was referring to and as we left the Galleries the different person on the podium apologised for her colleague's attitude.
wrp96, Cymro and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:16 am
Original Poster

Totally Confused

Originally Posted by KARFA
The official response is that as the staff manual says "two guests" that's what I should expect in the future. They apologise for the misalignment.

I wonder what it was you saw? Anyway, not particularly impressed.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:49 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
From an email I received in March 2019

Treat up to five of your guests to lounge access

As one of our most valued Executive Club Members, we know it's important
for you and your loved ones to share the experience of our luxurious
lounges whenever you travel.

That's why we're delighted to let you know that you can now invite up to
five guests travelling with you to use our lounges, whenever you travel
together. Not just on your next trip - but on all of your future trips.
It's now a permanent advantage of being a Gold Guest List Member.

We look forward to welcoming you and your guests on your next flight with
us.

This benefit is only available to Gold Guest List and Gold Guest List for
Life Members. It is linked to your individual Executive Club membership, is
not transferable, and is subject to the standard conditions of your
membership.

Whilst we will make every endeavour to accommodate your guests, additional
lounge access is subject to capacity and limited to a maximum of five
additional guests travelling with you on the same flight (in addition to
any partner card access). Should your first choice of lounge not be
available you may be asked to use the business (Club World) lounge.

This extended access does not apply to The Concorde Room.

Guests travelling with the Gold Guest List Member from London Heathrow
Terminal 5 may use The First Wing.
So, I think it's 1 guest in CCR and non-BA lounges, 2 guests on other BA flights into normal BA lounges, and 5 guests on your BA flight into normal BA lounges.
Deckard likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA Amex Prem, Amex Plat, Hilton Diamond, Sir Crazy8534 de l'ordres des aides de Pucci
Originally Posted by Gagravarr
From an email I received in March 2019

So, I think it's 1 guest in CCR and non-BA lounges, 2 guests on other BA flights into normal BA lounges, and 5 guests on your BA flight into normal BA lounges.
Also 2 guests into the CCR when travelling F (as GGL).
Old Nov 2, 2022, 8:15 am
Original Poster

I would concur but we were all on the same flight. Albeit different cabins. Maybe the different PNRs is the kicker? I'd paid for all the flights so to my mind they were travelling with me.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by Deckard
The official response is that as the staff manual says "two guests" that's what I should expect in the future. They apologise for the misalignment.

I wonder what it was you saw? Anyway, not particularly impressed.
Next time I would ask them to check the LHR Lounge Access Guide, it clearly shows what has been mentioned in this thread which is 5 guests on the same BA flight for a GGL. It will be available on their iPad or any device that can access BA's Sharepoint as I think they've removed the hard copies.

I don't work for BA but I'm sorry you've been treated that way!
Deckard and KARFA like this.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 9:43 am
Original Poster

Thank you

She apparently didn't need to check anything online as she's been working here for years . They'd probably argue that LHR isn't JFK and they may well have a point.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.