Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Demoted! Couldn’?” get into the CCR today

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, GfL, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, AllAccor Diamond, Marriott Ambassador Elite

A very long lunchtime line at TFW led me to use fast track today, for the first time in many years.

I was GVA bound with only a mobile boarding pass and tried to get into the CCR via the white door. Rather embarrassingly I was refused entry to the CCR on the grounds that I was a mere gold (I am a GGL) and was told in no uncertain terms (although politely) to take a long hike to the GF lounge.

When I offered to prove I was GGL with my app, things got even worse. It also showed I was a mere gold and would not refresh so as to show my GGL card. Mr protestations that I had over 7000 TPs this year were met with a bemused look that I thought was going to result in a question as to “what are TPs.

So off I walked, all the way round. Somehow, by the time I got to the other entrance to the CCR, the travel gods had restored my lands and titles and I was allowed in.

Anyone else been having this problem?
rt23456p likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:07 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Yes. I just checked the BA app (I am sitting in my home office) and I have also been demoted to Gold with no GL anymore.

I shall take the unusual step of storing my physical card showing the GL status in my wallet prior to my forthcoming travels.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
I had a similar experience in July. At the entrance the guy said I needed to go to the Galleries First lounge. I said I was GGL - he said it should show that on the BP but in my experience that has always been a bit random. When he looked me up on the system it definitely appeared as if I was just gold though he flicked through the screens quickly and sent me in. I was really confused and started to doubt myself - I'm not a real GGL just an extended one and won't requalify so I started wondering if it was only a six month extension or something.

Not that day but more recently when I looked on my account on my phone I saw the Gold image (the classical pillars) and not the Golden Iceberg GGL get. But it then refreshed itself without intervention from me and has shown as GGL since even though 'GGL' has started appearing on my boarding passes again.

Since that day in London I have decided not to try the CCR to avoid further embarrassment and the last few times I have just gone to GF. Since I won't renew it goes away in May so I may as well get used to it

EDIT- just checked right now and same thing, initially just the pillars and regular gold screen and then it refreshes to GGL.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver, UA 1K, DL Platinum
Interestingly even when it’s showing just Gold the TP tracker still seems to show the distance to GGL. I can replicate the switch to Gold by shutting down my app and restarting
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:19 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Had this twice in August (both were almost CCR entrance refusals!) and the app showed Gold as well (luckily was travelling with the OH who was showing as GGL so I was ‘guested in’

I sent screen shots to the GGL e-mail and they noted a few people were encountering the same issue and that tech was looking into it, I haven’t had the issue as often since, but still need to refresh the app occasionally!

Pilot37
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:19 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by golfmad
Yes. I just checked the BA app (I am sitting in my home office) and I have also been demoted to Gold with no GL anymore.

I shall take the unusual step of storing my physical card showing the GL status in my wallet prior to my forthcoming travels.
I have promoted again by a refresh on the app.

BA IT at its finest

Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:34 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
This has been happening to me for ages. I keep my physical card with me for such situations. The nice thing is that when I’m gold, the app says I’m gold for life, whereas when I’m GGL it doesn’t say so. My app switches between these screens at random.

Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
Checked just now and I was also only showing Gold on the app. I’ve logged out of the app and logged back in and the app now shows me as GGL.

I’m convinced BA IT is powered by two hamsters on a treadmill. When they get tired and need a break, the IT collapses.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:09 pm

Programs: BA GGL, Marriott, IHG, Sirius, Dusit, Thai, Virgin, Hyatt, BAA, AS, AA(both)
I’ve had this for over 18 months

shrug it off as BA it and keep a photo on the phone …
Old Sep 1, 2022, 5:10 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
“GGL” is added to the notes on FLY for your flight. Once your bp is scanned and brings up your flight, the notes are in the bottom right corner of the screen.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:00 pm

Programs: GGL
Originally Posted by KARFA
“GGL” is added to the notes on FLY for your flight. Once your bp is scanned and brings up your flight, the notes are in the bottom right corner of the screen.
​​​​​Isnt that rediculous. Went through this whole 3 act play when trying to get a guest into the arrivals lounge. I am not going to type out the conversation as I am sure you can imagine the.story arc. It started with "what is gold guest list".

BA IT would love to upgrade to hamsters. ​​​​​
KARFA, YacozA, wrp96 and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 8:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

GL......shortly to become GET LOST?
KARFA, AnaTravel, IAMORGAN and 2 others like this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:21 pm

Originally Posted by E14 26C
I’ve had this for over 18 months

shrug it off as BA it and keep a photo on the phone …
Does the photo on the phone normally work? Had the same issue and the BP just says gold/emerald I was too embarrassed to argue with the 'lounge dragon'
Old Sep 1, 2022, 11:52 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
This issue in the APP has been around for a while now. You just go to the Account screen and pull down and it refreshes within a few seconds. Either way, the Golden Door entrance can’t scan Mobile boarding passes, but they absolutely are able to retrieve you manually in the system which shows your
lounge eligibility. There’s obviously GateKeepers that either don’t know how to do this or can’t be bothered!
Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by cheshirepete
This issue in the APP has been around for a while now. You just go to the Account screen and pull down and it refreshes within a few seconds. Either way, the Golden Door entrance can’t scan Mobile boarding passes, but they absolutely are able to retrieve you manually in the system which shows your
lounge eligibility. There’s obviously GateKeepers that either don’t know how to do this or can’t be bothered!
the secret door can scan BPs. There was a short time when the ccr reopened that they couldn’t but that was sorted within a month or two.

as I noted the way it works is by scanning the mobile bp and seeing the notes - that’s how it has worked for me consistently apart from one time where she did that and then ignored the notes and tried to send me to GF. I quickly told her why she was wrong.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.