Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking AA reward flights through BA Exec Club

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have looked for other threads but haven't been able to find the answer to my query. BA does not have availability in J to Florida around Easter next year for an Avios booking. I am not trying to use a 2-4-1. AA, according to Seat Spy, has availability in Milesaver in all classes but when I try to book via my BA Exec account BA do not show the flights. Do I need to call the BA Exec Club or am I not able to book the AA flights? The route is LHR-MIA at the end of March and returning mid April. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If it’s not showing on BA.com then you won’t be able to book over the phone, there won’t be availability through BAEC. AA a different story, you might be able to book through them if there’s space, but you’ll need an account and the miles
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by heb999
I have looked for other threads but haven't been able to find the answer to my query. BA does not have availability in J to Florida around Easter next year for an Avios booking. I am not trying to use a 2-4-1. AA, according to Seat Spy, has availability in Milesaver in all classes but when I try to book via my BA Exec account BA do not show the flights. Do I need to call the BA Exec Club or am I not able to book the AA flights? The route is LHR-MIA at the end of March and returning mid April. Any advice much appreciated. Thanks.
To book a flight using avios currency need to book via BAEC. [Avios can be moved to other IAG airlines ffp's]
To book a flight using AA ff miles currency need to book via Aadvantage.
Both will take cash, via credit card or equal.
Easter will be busy time for travel to warm Florida. 100's like you will be wanting business class awards.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:52 am

Programs: BAEC
Try checking avios.com ( I use my AerClub login ) - a very quick look suggests there's some Iberia flights around the times you're looking (outbound at least) just with a stopover in Madrid. Can easily move Avios to spend them there if all else fails.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
MileSaver transatlantic seats on AA exist but are are pretty rare these days, unless they are on BA metal with the outrageous fees. I would look on AA.com and see what is displayed for your dates. Any flight at 57.5K miles is a MileSave, you should be able to see those and any flights less than that mileage as Avios redemptions. It is possible they all have connections, BA does not always display all possible connections. However I suspect Seat Spy is wrong, I would be amazed if AA have any transatlantic saver awards on their own metal at peak times.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:49 am

Also depends on if you have the "new" companion ticket which opens up more seat cats or if you have the old one where it's more limiting....

Flying AA via BA avios is a lot of miles but taxes are cheap. Hard to find seats in any case
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Hi. Thanks for all your advice. I am not using a companion voucher in this instance. Seems like I will have to travel in Economy or go out via ATL. Thanks again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.