Flight and Car Hire query

Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Flight and Car Hire query

Good evening. Long term reader and seldom poster here!

I am trying to book a return flight with car hire and the car hire doesn't show options to add additional driver(s) or to add car seats, etc.

I start by looking at flights
Once I have the price, I select the option to look at car hire
I select the car
It takes me straight to the confirmation and basket

How am I meant to book the seats, etc?

The only thing I believe could be causing this is booking a different class outbound to return?

It also looks like I lose the discount from booking together.

Has anyone else experienced this and got a solution? Is calling BA even a real option now and, if so, would they be able to resolve?

Any help appreciated.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:41 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
All I can think of is going via book flight and car from the start and it may show you more options.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:44 pm
Original Poster

Thanks, unfortunately that doesn't allow me to book two travel classes.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:46 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Oh I missed that apologies! I read it as two different fare buckets in the same class 🤦‍♂️.
Old Aug 10, 2022, 2:53 pm
Original Poster

No problem. I have also tried logging in with EC account details first, booking the same class out and back (was original plan but I slept on booking and tickets went up £400 pp x 4 on one leg, so reverting to Economy + for that leg), seeing if car + flight from start works using same class, different browser, different computer. None of these work. I am certain the options appeared before.

I lose the c.£250 saving on booking together so worth finding a solution but I am out of ideas.

The phone number(s) say they are not taking sales calls as prioritising customer service for the next few weeks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.