Search

F to TLV

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, SPG Platinum, Leaders Club, BA Gold, Virgin Gold
F to TLV

Hi,

Has BA now removed F from flights to TLV?

Grateful to anyone has has insight.

Thanks!
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:13 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, BA have removed First as a marketed proposition on the TLV sector. When they run 789s or certain 777s then Flub is often used, so First seating, Club World product, but that's a complete gamble on many levels.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
Flew in F last November back from TLV; now very few and far between, if at all. Looked for my trip last Feb; May and next month.....no luck.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, BA have removed First as a marketed proposition on the TLV sector. When they run 789s or certain 777s then Flub is often used, so First seating, Club World product, but that's a complete gamble on many levels.
Interesting - is this for sure? I have first tickets booked for September/October and haven't been told that i'm going to be downgraded?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 1:31 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by lev441
Interesting - is this for sure? I have first tickets booked for September/October and haven't been told that i'm going to be downgraded?
What dates?
Old Aug 3, 2022, 2:38 pm

I’ve just checked the TLV route every day in October: F is not offered. You’ve almost certainly been downgraded.

BA also didn’t inform me of a downgrade in March - and still haven’t issued a partial refund.

It’d be a good idea to check your booking.
Old Aug 3, 2022, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by lev441
​​​​​​Flown LHR-TLV and back many many times in past couple of months. Every single time except one there was some sort of flubbing and not a single time was there actual F
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid Platinum, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
I understand that this is "temporary", but then, some of the longest lasting things were also meant to be temporary. They have also reduced the winter schedule to one flight a day - there used to be 3 per day in the summer and 2 per day in the winter. November flights are already getting full up quite rapidly. I guess this is all down to "staff shortages", which are also "temporary", apparently ...
Old Aug 4, 2022, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
I understand that this is "temporary", but then, some of the longest lasting things were also meant to be temporary. They have also reduced the winter schedule to one flight a day - there used to be 3 per day in the summer and 2 per day in the winter. November flights are already getting full up quite rapidly. I guess this is all down to "staff shortages", which are also "temporary", apparently ...
TBH, F from TLV is a waste of money/points. I can perhaps understand from LHR but in TLV no fast track, no first wing, a lounge that shouldn't qualify as a lounge. And for a 4.5 hour there's barely enough time for the full first service and dine on demand probably couldn't work either or at least not very well due to the short timings. I think better for them to stop the F and keep us FTers happy with Flub chances
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:29 am

Programs: VS Silver; Matmid Silver, BA Bronze; Accor Plat.
"I think better for them to stop the F and keep us FTers happy with Flub chances"Thankfully, its not about FTers! Last November I was able to fly in F for the return from TLV with a POUG for £150, I have never flown F before.
I would love to travel like this again to or from TLV with my wife, for her flying is a special occasion.....thats why I want the opportunity to fly F, not for tier points, not for status...but to have fun as part of a holiday...and make her happy.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:31 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Nandos
not to sabotage the thread, but is this the same for DEL (no F)?
Old Aug 4, 2022, 4:58 am

Originally Posted by mikebg
They have also reduced the winter schedule to one flight a day - there used to be 3 per day in the summer and 2 per day in the winter. November flights are already getting full up quite rapidly. I guess this is all down to "staff shortages", which are also "temporary", apparently ...
For a portion of the winter schedule that single flight is only the afternoon departure from TLV, killing most connection opportunities - including all of North America.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by davidcamp6
"I think better for them to stop the F and keep us FTers happy with Flub chances"Thankfully, its not about FTers! Last November I was able to fly in F for the return from TLV with a POUG for £150, I have never flown F before.
I would love to travel like this again to or from TLV with my wife, for her flying is a special occasion.....thats why I want the opportunity to fly F, not for tier points, not for status...but to have fun as part of a holiday...and make her happy.
You got lucky with £150. Most people would be paying significantly more than that and for them I would argue it's not worth it as it's not a "true" F experience.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by makin'miles
For a portion of the winter schedule that single flight is only the afternoon departure from TLV, killing most connection opportunities - including all of North America.
I had a flight a couple months ago that was supposed to be like this, morning flight to LHR than connection to JFK. After the morning flight was cancelled and I couldn't make the connection I saw AA put a couple of routes to JFK/MIA (and DFW I think is coming soon) which make a decent alternative
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: BA GGL/GfL, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jzlerner
I had a flight a couple months ago that was supposed to be like this, morning flight to LHR than connection to JFK. After the morning flight was cancelled and I couldn't make the connection I saw AA put a couple of routes to JFK/MIA (and DFW I think is coming soon) which make a decent alternative
I had the same in June (to Washington) but being a lover of extra TP/Avios opportunities and an other half who appreciates the "earning game" (or at least she says she does), I swapped us to TLV-MAD-LHR-IAD and IAD-CLT-JFK-LHR-TLV on the return. I was constrained to IAD rather than DCA on the return by car hire.

And on my last BA outbound to TLV I was "Flubbed" a couple of hours before the flight was due to leave (well after I had checked in and was in the CCR)

BONDY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.