Wiki Posts
Search

BA codeshare or QR prime to MCT?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
BA codeshare or QR prime to MCT?

I have a query re BA / QR flights to MCT via DOH.

I can book flights either as BA code shares, QR operated via DOH, or on the same identical flights, but as QR prime.

The BA code share sells DOH to MCT as “business”. However if it’s sold as QR prime, it’s sold as “first”.

1. If I buy the DOH MCT as QR 1148 in “first” then I think that will grant Al Safwa lounge access. However, if I buy the same flight as BA 6368 in “business”, I think that will only grant Al Mourjan lounge access. Is that correct?

2. QR sell flights to MCT as both QR operated and marketed, but also have an identical departure time WY operated with a QR code share. If I were to purchase a QR marketed, but WY operated, I assume that would not grant BAEC avios or TPs? Is that correct?

3. This may be more of a QR board question, does BAEC gold give free seat selection on QR? It certainly used to.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:24 am

Programs: Chevalier de la Gallentrie - Knight of the Platinum Hair Brush, BA Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rjn21
I have a query re BA / QR flights to MCT via DOH.

I can book flights either as BA code shares, QR operated via DOH, or on the same identical flights, but as QR prime.

The BA code share sells DOH to MCT as “business”. However if it’s sold as QR prime, it’s sold as “first”.

1. If I buy the DOH MCT as QR 1148 in “first” then I think that will grant Al Safwa lounge access. However, if I buy the same flight as BA 6368 in “business”, I think that will only grant Al Mourjan lounge access. Is that correct?

2. QR sell flights to MCT as both QR operated and marketed, but also have an identical departure time WY operated with a QR code share. If I were to purchase a QR marketed, but WY operated, I assume that would not grant BAEC avios or TPs? Is that correct?

3. This may be more of a QR board question, does BAEC gold give free seat selection on QR? It certainly used to.

Thanks in advance.
I'm sure there are more knowledgeable on here who can correct/clarify, but my tuppence worth is as follows:
1 - What does the fare code show for the QR vs BA flights? I did a quick search (only really seeing the QR codes on ITA matrix), and for the QR prime flights, it's showing as "F" for the First legs. Be mindful, as their own codeshare with Oman Air appears to book into Business (D). If the pricing is the same, then i would suggest that you book as the QR prime flight number, rather than BA or Oman Air. Also note that "F" would appear to earn 60 Tier Points per leg for this route, rather than 40 per leg in business (if showing "F" or "A" fare codes).
2 - If Oman Air are not a member of OneWorld, then I would expect that would be a fair assumption. Same way that say, JetBlue, operating an AA flight number won't earn avios or Tier Points for a BA Exec member
3 - If you are travelling F/Business, I don't think they charge for seat selection, but i'm sure that can be confirmed on the QR forum (or by someone here). Not sure if it had any bearing, but I've an Avios reward booking with QR (booked directly with them, with zero status) in business class for next year, and I had seat selection without any fees or issues.
Old Jul 30, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by rjn21
3. This may be more of a QR board question, does BAEC gold give free seat selection on QR?
yes, ba gold and silver get free seat selection on QR

if you try selecting seats while making the booking on the QR website it will say you need to pay if it is a fare that does not include free seat selection.

If you do not select seats at the time of booking but do put in your ba exec club number then you can go back into the booking in QRs equivalent if MMB and choose seats for free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.