Wiki Posts
Search

T3 OWE Best Place for Work Call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:28 am
tor
Original Poster

T3 OWE Best Place for Work Call

Someone has scheduled a work zoom call for Friday evening. I'm departing T3 at 1800.

It isn't a private or confidential meeting, but I'd like a place where I don't disturb others. It is with a client, so if I talk I'd prefer if there isn't music or background chatter.

The "booths" in the CCR would be acceptable, but I wouldn't have access since it is T3 and I'm not travelling first. T5 First doesn't really have a good space for it.

Any tips? I'm not that familiar with T3.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 5:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
Depending on the logistics, there is a Regus office at T2 where you can book space for an hour or so

https://www.regus.com/en-gb/united-k...erminal-2-4433

If the timing means you have to be airside then more knowledgeable people will hopefully suggest better solutions.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: BAEC Gold / M-Life Gold / HH Diamond
I would suggest the Cathay First lounge, there are some quiet corners in there - if you head towards the single seats facing the windows, look to the right and there's a little area in the far corner.
mosfet likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Mucci: Classe de la Luxe Eternelle
The OP is departing from T3.

You have a huge amount of choice - surely you can find an empty corner in one of the 5 lounges you have access to?

Qantas upstairs at the back seems very empty to me. Or a green booth chair in Cathay business.

You will be wearing headphones so your speaking voice won’t be too disruptive?
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:07 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
As long as you are wearing earphones and keep your voice down, you should be fine anywhere Of course that is dependent on other potentially loud people around you, but I think you would be able to find somewhere on the day
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

At the far end of the Cathay business lounge there were spaces for pc's ( or working) in a separate area.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 28, 2022, 7:19 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

At the far end of the Cathay business lounge there were spaces for pc's ( or working) in a separate area.

Regards

TBS
This back earlier this year was according to the lounge associate not available anymore - I did not ask what became of it. However I know that at the Qantas lounge upstairs, there is a former seems like kids area in a room that you can use. Only be careful that
- walls and doors are paper thin
- echo effect in the room
- and if the music is on in the lounge, this will also be heard in the room (when I had to use it for a short period, I did politely ask one of the staff if the volume could be lowered -and she did do it for me, although this means that the whole lounge will also be impacted).

Cheers!
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:27 am

Programs: BA GfL
Worst case - in one of the private shower suites of CX lounge. Dim lighting and echo may be a challenge but definitely a private place.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:58 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by Peregrine415
Worst case - in one of the private shower suites of CX lounge. Dim lighting and echo may be a challenge but definitely a private place.
I seem to recall that the wifi doesn't reach there very well (or maybe it was the mobile signal, or both). I may have remembered incorrectly.

But unless the whole place is very crowded, the far end of the CX J lounge should be ok, even if the computer / phone booth area is out of use. The area by the windows of CX F is quiet but not that big and someone else could come and sit down at any time.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:21 am

Programs: Gold at BA, Hilton and Radisson.
BA Lounge. Surprised if anybody else is in there!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 9:57 am

Programs: BA Gold; Hilton Honors Diamond
Could you not reschedule the call? Is it really so important that you have to take it at T3 when you're just about to fly? Can you not delegate it to someone?

My firm used to have an unwritten rule that there were no calls before 8.30 a.m. PST but this was eroded when COVID came along and we started working from home. The argument was that people didn't need to commute and so were starting work earlier. Hence I had meeting invitations for 7.00 a.m. and other ludicrous times. Those got short shrift and were unceremoniously rejected. I have no objection to being woken up in the middle of the night if we have an unplanned outage etc. but I don't see any real need to be scheduling routine calls before the sun's even up. The same goes for lunchtime. It is now common practice to schedule calls during lunchtime. Meeting invitations will say something like "I know this is lunchtime, so please feel free to step away momentarily if you need to get something to eat" so I now have a recurring appointment in my Outlook where I have blocked out time for my lunch. This is to, hopefully, stop people from scheduling stuff when they can see I am busy.

There needs to be some degree of balance. In the case of the OP's call I'd probably be looking to reschedule it. Of course, if it's the one final call to seal the multi-million pound deal then perhaps it has to happen - so maybe the OP should be rescheduling their flight instead
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do you have access to Amex lounge in T3? I think I remember seeing some booths with doors there, and they were usually empty.
RDinJER likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.