Wiki Posts
Search

Silver Membership Expiring Aug

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Silver Membership Expiring Aug

My BA silver membership tier points collection year expired on the 8th July (0 points) and my card/status is due to expire the end of Aug. I have been pretty much grounded in SG for the last 2yrs. Has anybody had any luck with getting a further extension? I called the BA exec club and they logged a ticket but don't have my hope (or faith even a ticket has been logged). If it has expired in June I believer I would have been automatedly renewed. I haven't flown so don't really expect it (but would be nice) and and it was renewed the last 1 or 3 yrs (bit of a blur). Or would any other partner give me a tier match whist I still have status/time?
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Where is SG?? ( or is this short for silver??
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Where is SG?? ( or is this short for silver??
I would think Singapore.....
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Sorry SG = Singapore. too many acronyms
Old Jul 27, 2022, 11:48 pm

Brace yourself. With people in Europe and the US buying every seat BA has, and you not flying in 2 years, I suspect your Bronze card may be on its way.
Bluekjp, Fatdickie and TraumaDoc like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:13 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
Originally Posted by rapidex
Brace yourself. With people in Europe and the US buying every seat BA has, and you not flying in 2 years, I suspect your Bronze card may be on its way.
Sadly even that won't happen, as in a physical card, as even Silver cards have been enhanced sway. So all OP will see is the colour of his BAEC account changes to rust, sorry bronze....
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you are genuinely inclined to stay a Silver member, you have until 31 December to collect 450 Tier Points. If you do, your account would be upgraded again, until 31 August 2024. (the rest of your TP year and all of the next)

And, sorry to be blunt, but if you can't really imagine earning TPs between now and the end of 2022, then an extension of your Silver status (or status match) would be pointless for all involved...
Bluekjp and becks1 like this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:50 am

Programs: BA Silver (for now)
Originally Posted by AJA_
Sadly even that won't happen, as in a physical card, as even Silver cards have been enhanced sway. So all OP will see is the colour of his BAEC account changes to rust, sorry bronze....
Enhanced away or eliminated yet more useless plastic.
fluffymitten likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 1:58 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
If you are genuinely inclined to stay a Silver member, you have until 31 December to collect 450 Tier Points. If you do, your account would be upgraded again, until 31 August 2024. (the rest of your TP year and all of the next)

And, sorry to be blunt, but if you can't really imagine earning TPs between now and the end of 2022, then an extension of your Silver status (or status match) would be pointless for all involved...
Just to seek clarification on this, for the OP it would mean needing to earn 450 points between 8th July and December 31st, not just the difference between what he has on July 8th and the end of the year? Am in the same boat but my TP earning year ends on 8th September so want to be sure!
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:05 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold

Are you sure it‘s only 450 TP? My year ended in may and the app says i need 600TP to retain silver.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Deckter
Are you sure it‘s only 450 TP? My year ended in may and the app says i need 600TP to retain silver.
The app says all sorts of things that doesn't reflect reality. If you search reduced tier points or THIS THREAD you'll find it could be as low as 300 tier points required to renew silver at the moment depending on which month your membership year refreshes.

Last edited by 1Aturnleft; Jul 28, 2022 at 2:23 am
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BOH
Just to seek clarification on this, for the OP it would mean needing to earn 450 points between 8th July and December 31st, not just the difference between what he has on July 8th and the end of the year? Am in the same boat but my TP earning year ends on 8th September so want to be sure!

It's been well covered on FT and elsewhere that you need 450 TPs in whatever portion of your TP collection year falls into 2022. (i.e. 450 TPs between 9 September and 31 December gets you upgraded or renewed)

If you don't have 450 TPs by January 1st, you will need 600.

Originally Posted by Deckter
The App and online account do not show the reduced amount. But it definitely applies.
AJA_ likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 2:56 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
It's been well covered on FT and elsewhere that you need 450 TPs in whatever portion of your TP collection year falls into 2022. (i.e. 450 TPs between 9 September and 31 December gets you upgraded or renewed)

If you don't have 450 TPs by January 1st, you will need 600.
Thanks, yes I was 99% certain that's what it meant but as with all BA communications, it's not always clear or logical. Not that good an incentive really to fly BA though from 9th September onwards as I have to achieve 75% of the yearly TP number in just under 33% of the year. Surely it should be pro-rata - circa 200 in that period far more realistic
Old Jul 28, 2022, 3:00 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold

The App and online account do not show the reduced amount. But it definitely applies.
Wonderful, I might go on a TP run if that's the case then.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 8:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold-GGL
I suspect (but cannot prove) the app would show the reduced threshold for those with a collection year ending on or before 8 December 2022 but anyone whose year ends after that will see the normal values.

My collection year ends on 8 January 2023 so you'd think I'd see the reduced threshold, as it's close to the cut off date, but the app and website both say I need to collect 1500 points, which is technically correct if I can't get it done by 31 December.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.