Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Shower Availability at North & South Galleries lounges in T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Shower Availability at North & South Galleries lounges in T5

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:20 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
My point exactly, these days anything can happen.

Normally the flight will be cancelled anyway 😂
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:21 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo
It's like playing the less lethal version of Russian roulette.
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 1:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.

No kidding.. BA had 6-7 daily flights between LHR and FCO on the schedule about two months ago. These were subsequently reduced to three daily flights, and two weeks ago only two of those flights operated on each day when I flew out and back. Fortunately none of my flights were cancelled, although one was severely delayed..
crazyarmadillo likes this.
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, lots of AA, AS, DL, UA miles, former top level CO Elite (sigh...)

I certainly hope this isn't the case with our flight !
Old Jul 26, 2022, 2:37 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, HH G, BR Diamond/*G, BAEC Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by London Dude
No kidding.. BA had 6-7 daily flights between LHR and FCO on the schedule about two months ago. These were subsequently reduced to three daily flights, and two weeks ago only two of those flights operated on each day when I flew out and back. Fortunately none of my flights were cancelled, although one was severely delayed..
It's been getting better; there's some hope! Yesterday and today are 5x daily with 1x cancelled each day. Look like BA is slowly improving operations management.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by crazy8534
Interestingly, the T5B lounge showers are apparently open again.
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
t5b showers have been open for a while and may be quieter than t5a showers
Is this still true? According to:
https://www.oneworld.com/airport-lounges?location=LHR

T5B lounge is not listing "showers", while T5 North and T5 South lounges are both listing "showers".

Also, T5 North does not list "vegetarian food options", while T5 South and T5B are both listing vegetarian food options. Is this information current?
Old Mar 11, 2024, 2:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I can confirm from a recent trip that T5 North lounge contains vegetarian food (and broadly speaking the food in all 3 is the same).

Cannot comment on showers.
sfvoyage likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 3:44 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Used showers in T5 Galleries North this morning. Mid-morning, no wait, clean and pleasant experience.

PS Though OT from the topic of showers, the only downside I can see in North (which I rarely use) is a lack of plugs for device charging. Give how BA is pushing us all to do everything online… that is jolly wolly unfair (stamps foot).
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL/GfL
Removed - missed the age of the OP's thread above...!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by jlemon
First, a quick question....

Are the shower facilities open in the North & South Galleries lounges in T5 at LHR ?

And now some additional information along with a further enquiry....

We shall be arriving into LHR in business class on AA from DFW with a scheduled arrival time at T3 of 6:20 am. We'll then be connecting to a BA flight from T5 to Rome in business class with a scheduled departure time of 9:35 am. Thus, we'll have three hours and 15 minutes to make our connection from T3 to T5.

I would dearly love to take a quick shower before we board our flight to FCO. However, my experience with the Galleries lounges in T5 is they tend to be rather busy. And if the shower facilities are open, perhaps I might have to wait a bit before one becomes available.

Your thoughts and advice are much appreciated.
Hi - I did this last week on a tighter connection - 0640 from BAH and 0830 to DUB. Took flight connections airside (no wait at all for a bus) then out through Immigration at T5, up to arrivals lounge, quick shower and straight thru fast track. I had the same dilemma but I think - assuming the transfers airside are swift and they have been recently - this is the best option compared to AAT3 or T5B. Also if you stay airside you can decide which option is looking best - i..e if no queue for immigration go landside, but if its looking bad head for T5(A or B).

Last edited by a9cfi; Mar 14, 2024 at 2:44 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.