Search

BA Refund options UUA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways
BA Refund options UUA

Hi I know you are the gurus to ask.
I booked a UUA with BA from AMS to BOS to travel Club on the 24/04/2022 for travel at the end of this September returning on the 29th of September. What are my options to get a refund will it only be the taxes and Avios back.
Or would I still be covered by BWC due to the Dates and would that be a voucher for future use plus the avios back.

Thanks for any help you can give as I have phoned BA several times over the last few weeks but massive queues and then connecting and getting cut off.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:39 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the BA forum. For anything like queries you are best asking here, rather than calling up, you should get a faster answer.

Since you bought before 9 June then you are covered by BWC, so long as you didn't do any significant changes to the booking after that date. There are actually 2 sets of policies that both work your favour here, so you can have an eVoucher. Full information here:
https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...exible-booking
and there is are several threads on rebookings in this forum too. If you do go down this route, you may want to reverse the UuA first (which may result in a £35 fee, or it may be waived), then go for the voucher for the cash component.

Note that there are so many cancellations being made at around 2 weeks notice (both sides) that it may be you will be given a cancellation anyway, and thus the choice of a full rebook at a later date, or a full refund.
Fife flyer 74 likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Excellent thanks for the information will look to wait it out and see if BA cancels the flights.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 12:53 pm
Original Poster

One last question what is the difference between a future travel voucher and a evoucher and can they be used for flights only Thanks.
Old Jul 24, 2022, 2:00 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Fife flyer 74
One last question what is the difference between a future travel voucher and a evoucher and can they be used for flights only Thanks.
FTV is offline, and that the risk with a UUA, hence my advice to discard it first. You need to call to use it and only you can use it. eVouchers are online and can be used when making a new booking. Both have the same value. They are essentially for commercial bookings, so not redemptions, but they can both be used for hotel and BA Holiday bookings.

Have a look at the main COVID Rebook thread for data points. Last few pages only really.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.