Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Seat selection for BA Silver on Qatar redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold

Hello! I have an economy class redemption using Avios via Qatar Privilege Club. I have BA Silver status and transferred Avios from my EC account to make the booking.

When I try to select seats, I only see paid-for options. I am guessing this is because the booking is connected to my (no status) Qatar account.

Has anyone managed to get free seat selection by linking their BA status to a Qatar redemption?

Thanks a lot!
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:05 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
you will have to change your frequent flyer on the booking to your BA account. you should be able to do this by loading the booking on AY/MH/RJ sites I think.
dap891 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
QR make it almost impossible (AFAIK) to unlink redemptions from the Privilege Club from the respective QR account.
dap891 likes this.
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
Thanks everyone. I managed to pull up the booking with AY but I couldn't get it to remove the Qatar frequent flyer number, though I have managed to add my BA number alongside it. I couldn't pull up the booking at all with MH or RJ. QR website is still asking for paid seat selection, I assume because the QR number is still on the booking.

Originally Posted by Schwann
QR make it almost impossible (AFAIK) to unlink redemptions from the Privilege Club from the respective QR account.
The "almost" makes me wonder if there is anything else I can try? There is 300 USD at stake (17 hour flight exit row seats ) so am keen to be totally sure before I give up...

if not, then at least this post can serve as a heads up that there may be a downside to booking economy redemptions with Avios from a QR account rather than a BA account...
Old Jul 22, 2022, 10:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by dap891
Thanks everyone. I managed to pull up the booking with AY but I couldn't get it to remove the Qatar frequent flyer number, though I have managed to add my BA number alongside it. I couldn't pull up the booking at all with MH or RJ. QR website is still asking for paid seat selection, I assume because the QR number is still on the booking.

The "almost" makes me wonder if there is anything else I can try? There is 300 USD at stake (17 hour flight exit row seats ) so am keen to be totally sure before I give up...

if not, then at least this post can serve as a heads up that there may be a downside to booking economy redemptions with Avios from a QR account rather than a BA account...
as this is about removing your QR number it may be somehing to ask on the QR forum
dap891 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.