Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Meta discussion: Live thread advice

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:13 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Meta discussion: Live thread advice

This thread is for discussion about the contents of the Live thread.

LIVE! British Airways disruption 15 - 19 July 2022 - Heatwave edition - get help here

Any mistakes? Anything missing? Some advice you disagree with? Any previous threads you have found helpful?

This is to prevent the Live thread from being diverted by comments which are actually useful for the future but not for the day. So feel free to post your thoughts.

Many thanks to BLHD for suggesting this thread. The content of the LIVE thread comes from a joint effort of the moderators and ambassadors.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 15, 2022 at 1:56 am
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:15 am

Programs: BAEC
CWS, link from other thread to here is missing.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SimonAB
CWS, link from other thread to here is missing.
Many thanks - can you reload the LIVE thread and see if you can get it to work? Link is near the top.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:25 am

Yup, works fine (don't know if you want to remove '[link]')
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:45 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Under 18) How do I complain? "there is a customer portal here" - should there be a link here? Nothing obvious or clickable for me.

Minor spelling/typo under 8) How can I get a hotel?, the first "your" should be "you're"
Old Jul 15, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: BA Silver, TAP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Under point 9 - very minor typo: You can also claim wifi / cpmmunication expenses.

Otherwise it seems all good and a very helpful resource. Thanks CWS!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:02 am

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
Link thread will be extremely useful for many people in these times of travel uncertainty.

Thanks !!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:23 am

I hadn't wanted to seem anal, but since we're reporting typos etc, I had compiled this list

has very recently disrupted travel => has very recently experienced disrupted travel
may well give you are rebooking option => may well give you a rebooking option
THe advice we have there is that if you have an on the day problem send a succint => The advice we have there is that if you have an on the day problem send a succinct
outline of the problem to and someone will call you => outline of the problem and someone will call you
If your going to find yourself in need of a hotel => If you're going to find yourself in need of a hotel
then its prudent => then it's prudent
there havebeen recent reports => there have been recent reports
cpmmunication expenses => communication expenses
onewolrd Emerald => oneworld Emerald
it may best not to add this first time around => it may be best not to add this first time around
Old Jul 15, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: Honors Diamond
May want to add a sentence about buying essential items and claiming if your bag is delayed. This seems to come up a fair bit.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 7:52 am

Possibly just my browser but the 'live' thread doesn't appear correctly for me on the 'trending threads' page - entry 3 on this screenshot. It seems to have no title - which makes it impossible to link into from there (which is my landing page).

Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:02 am
Original Poster

Very interesting, and I get the same too. What was slightly unusual about the Live thread was that it was a merger of two threads, and there had to be some shuffling around to make sure my post was the first in the newly created thread. So I have a feeling that got messed up in the Trending database. I'll refer it to the technical team.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold & HH Silver
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Many thanks to BLHD for suggesting this thread.
You are most welcome!
Old Jul 15, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Is it worthwhile making this a sticky so that it’s always at the top of the forum for easy access?
MatJarosz likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.