Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Got a BKK 50% avios reward flight in November...happening...??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Avis President

Legacy pre Covid 50% deal in J out to BKK scheduled for November...

What's happening at the moment...?? It'll be cancelled eventually I assume and then I have to try and contact BA to get shifted to Qatar...?? Or will BA bring back that sector...??

Chris
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:59 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
You just have to hope that you touch out lucky …… that the route is not revived and that you do indeed get moved to QR
Ldnn1, Schwann, 36902BRF and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 12:47 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by subject2load
You just have to hope that you touch out lucky …… that the route is not revived and that you do indeed get moved to QR

I also have 50% avios in and out of bkk in November problem I can see is getting any availability ( not avios but any fare) due to the World Cup taking place in Qatar. Have spoken to BA on several occasions and they keep reiterating that it is not cancelled. I suppose an enhancement would be to place pax in the cargo hold! Just wish they would either reinstate flight or allow rebooking now and not 24 hours prior to the scheduled departure
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:23 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
The current plan remains to restore LHR-BKK from 30 October onwards as a daily service at least for the winter season (March 2023).

You can check the timetable via
ba.com/schedules
If you call up, the agents are looking at the same data as the above link, so you can save yourself a call.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jul 9, 2022 at 3:38 am
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:26 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The current plan remains to restore LHR-BKK from 31 October onwards as a daily service at least for the winter season (March 2023).

ba.com/schedules
If you call up, the agents are looking at the same data as the above link, so you can save yourself a call.
31 Oct? Ugh, we are booked BKK-LHR on the 30th I think the original plan was to restart on the 27th, hence why I left a couple of days of buffer. But guess that’s a moot point now
Old Jul 9, 2022, 3:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by SKT-DK
31 Oct? Ugh, we are booked BKK-LHR on the 30th I think the original plan was to restart on the 27th, hence why I left a couple of days of buffer. But guess that’s a moot point now
Sorry, I mistyped. The first flight is 30 October 2022, it's the Sunday connected with the IATA seasonal date and the day the clocks in the UK go to GMT.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I can’t believe anyone still has 50% off reward flights in place! That must’ve taken a lot of persuasion and luck!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:15 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
The current plan remains to restore LHR-BKK from 30 October onwards as a daily service at least for the winter season (March 2023).

ba.com/schedules
CWS - I see you as the sage of all things BA, is this new information? I had it confirmed by senior people that BKK was leaving the schedules and would not be returning, full stop.

Flights were cancelled out, and still are closed off, but existing bookings left in place to reduce pressure on the can centre, but the pressure is unrelentless so will need processing soon.

You imply that perhaps BA have taken a 2nd look and are perhaps resuming services for the winter service?

It would be fair to say that yields have considerably improved over previous years... International flight capacity to Thailand is 30% of 2019.

I have several dogs in this game so intrigued if the situation has very recently changed?
JD1905 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
Flights were cancelled out, and still are closed off, but existing bookings left in place to reduce pressure on the can centre, but the pressure is unrelentless so will need processing soon.

You imply that perhaps BA have taken a 2nd look and are perhaps resuming services for the winter service?
I have no special insight into this, other than that the flights remain in the schedule. BA has no hesitation about cancelling flights, they are doing rather a lot of that at the moment. It's true they avoid big cancellations all at once to avoid contact centre overload, but the length of that is 3 days or so. Moreover cancelling a single service to BKK causes the contact centre a trivial amount of work compared to mutiple flights out of EDI every day for 2 months. The hesitation is, I would suggest, purely out fo what the overall travel situation, and COVID rules, will be in the winter.
Sam Bee likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Thanks for the clarification. There's nothing more i'd love to see than a re-assessment. A (brief) case was put forward for Phuket services but never really entertained. I've no expectation of seeing BA resume services, neither does the Thai government. Massive shame as I do believe that with a sensible schedule to fit around PG/MH/CX connections it could feed a lot of South East Asia business, provide support for KUL/HKG and relieve the pressure on the SIN flight (which is seeing a lot of USM business).
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: Mucci Chevalier de la Brosse a Cheveux Dore, SK *GfL, BA Gold, WY G, HH DIA, IC Plat Amb., Hertz PC
Sorry, I mistyped. The first flight is 30 October 2022, it's the Sunday connected with the IATA seasonal date and the day the clocks in the UK go to GMT.
Would that mean first flight as in LHR-BKK, or the other way around? On the current schedule, for a 30 Oct BKK-LHR to happen, it would need to fly outbound on the 29th. Unless of course they send out crew along with a cargo flight to operate a pax flight home?
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by SKT-DK
Would that mean first flight as in LHR-BKK, or the other way around? On the current schedule, for a 30 Oct BKK-LHR to happen, it would need to fly outbound on the 29th. Unless of course they send out crew along with a cargo flight to operate a pax flight home?
Normally they send out crew earlier and probably using Qatar, to take the first flight back to London. But the aircraft won't go empty from LHR so unless it's cargo I imagine the first back will end up being 31 October.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 7:46 am

Normally they send out crew earlier and probably using Qatar, to take the first flight back to London. But the aircraft won't go empty from LHR so unless it's cargo I imagine the first back will end up being 31 October.
That is what I feared - obviously they would not send an empty plane, what I meant was the possibility of them taking one of their cargo only flights and restarting BKK-LHR before LHR-BKK as pax flights. But guess chances are slim to none
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:09 am
formerly fdemoulin

Programs: SPG Lifetime Platinum, BA Silver, Virgin Flying Club Red
Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I can’t believe anyone still has 50% off reward flights in place! That must’ve taken a lot of persuasion and luck!

just due to 4 cancellations on this booking, I find it difficult to believe we will ever get there!
Old Jul 9, 2022, 8:41 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by mikeyfly

Much to my own amazement, I actually still have two live 50% bookings : one for September ……and one for …. er …..next January
mikeyfly likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.