Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long queue at First security

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 7:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K 2MM, BA Gold, SQ TPP
Connecting in LHR (late afternoon on a Tuesday) - wonder if I should go through immigration and use fasttrack or use the connections lane ...
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:01 am

Programs: BA Silver
Came through T5 at just before 0900 this morning bag drop at the Club/ Premium area no queue. Then Fast Track South took 10 minutes I’d say. No issue in GS busy but comfortable loads of seating down to the right at far end.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 3:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
Connecting in LHR (late afternoon on a Tuesday) - wonder if I should go through immigration and use fasttrack or use the connections lane ...
It is usually quiet by then, so connections may well be faster. It may be a more pleasant experience if you are Gold and have e-gate access, but if not I'd stick to connections. The usual timings at 16:00 is sub 10 minutes, though I know it may feel longer.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 5:53 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
No queue today around 12:30 and both scanners were working.

Walked up and stayed right as I had no bags. The queue for the check in line was kind of long.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:08 am

Programs: QF, TK, VA, SQ
T5 F Wing just now was about 5 minutes to get through with both lanes open. There was a small queue if you needed to check a bag in, but otherwise was as quick as you could hope. FLounge is definitely pretty busy!
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:14 am

Programs: AA 1MM CK, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Ambassador (RIP SPG), BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
T5 F Wing just now was about 5 minutes to get through with both lanes open. There was a small queue if you needed to check a bag in, but otherwise was as quick as you could hope. FLounge is definitely pretty busy!
Agree with the busy part. The people monitor screen between the FLounge and the CCR was two of five. Not sure who’s doing the counting!
pythonisman likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 7:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP. Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by c1mth0g
That's what I did last week in T-5, 1 July around 12:30. BA FRA-LHR, AA LHR-DFW. Walked to the T-5 connection area, saw the masses, then abruptly turned around and went thru main immigrations. Breezed thru the e-gates, out thru baggage claim, up three big escalators to the check-in hall then on to the fast track lane. Total time to BIS in the GF lounge was approx 30 mins. YMMV. While I had great success my checked baggage did not...
ryanbriar likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.