Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Just booked LHR - Catania - LHR in Aug 😱 Will I be ok? Probably Yes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.

Having read and heard all the terrible things being written and said about BA; it could give one the impression that they are collapsing and no one in their right mind would book a flight. I think this is very much OTT hyperbole.

I would like to reassure the lurkers, infrequent posters etc, that their travel with BA is still far more likely to be perfectly fine, rather than the disaster reading this forum might indicate.

This evening I booked LHR - CTA return for early Aug. I’m not worried about my flights, they are far far more likely to depart than be cancelled.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
I'm one of those that wishes BA would come out and tell us more about what they are cancelling. Overwhelmingly, I'm sure that routes with multiple daily frequencies will be hardest hit. But, for sure, those destinations with a single daily flight (or less) should not be impacted.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by krispy84
Having read and heard all the terrible things being written and said about BA; it could give one the impression that they are collapsing and no one in their right mind would book a flight. I think this is very much OTT hyperbole.

I would like to reassure the lurkers, infrequent posters etc, that their travel with BA is still far more likely to be perfectly fine, rather than the disaster reading this forum might indicate.

This evening I booked LHR - CTA return for early Aug. I’m not worried about my flights, they are far far more likely to depart than be cancelled.
I understand it's something like 1 in 10 flights to be cancelled. I admire your confidence: but I'd make sure I had alternatives lined up before I shared the smugness.
smartytravel and 86BA7 like this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:44 pm
Original Poster

Good point TedToToe, one a day flights are far less likely to be cancelled.

What I really meant to say to those worrying, is that things are nowhere near as bad as they may have read.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 3:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I understand it's something like 1 in 10 flights to be cancelled. I admire your confidence: but I'd make sure I had alternatives lined up before I shared the smugness.
Not sure where you sensed smugness, I have none.

Cancellations are a possibility, but remain far less likely than not; your stats above indicate as much.

I’m not pretending things are great, but we should reassure those who travel less frequently.
m8_rotate likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 4:10 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
He's not being smug - he's being positive - and more power to his elbow.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K (aka OWS)
We've had that flight booked since January (SEA-LHR-CTA). The SEA-LHR has cancelled and changed twice, the LHR-CTA has been stable.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.