Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long-haul catering changes: announcement on 12 July

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:50 am

Programs: BA Executive Club Blue
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Out of LHR, Newrest at LGW, not sure about LCY.
LCY and SOU are dnata
Old Sep 25, 2022, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Thank you EJetter, I couldn’t find that information.
Old Oct 5, 2022, 5:13 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Gold
Originally Posted by WeLoveSpace
Thanks CIHY

Do we know if this is still on track to happen and when ?

I have the option of BA A350 or AA789 ORD to LHR in J at end Nov and distinctly put off by the CW catering despite being very excited by the possibility of an A350 CS. Any thoughts anyone ?
I would choose the AA flight hands down, not only do I personally prefer the AA experience at the moment, the BA lounge in ORD T5 is pretty poor whereas there is a great AA flagship lounge in T3!

CB

Last edited by cbyrne92; Oct 5, 2022 at 5:14 am Reason: Add quote
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:31 am

Spoke with a senior crew member on my MYK to LHR flight on Tuesday.

She confirmed that CW changes are coming and should be here from 1 November. She suggested:

- Back to the original pre-pandemic approach of serving each meal as separate courses, rather than on one tray
- A choice of starter
- A heated/hot pudding option, rather than the cold one
- Hot towels return

If this happens, as she suggested, then looking forward to my 2 November flight to Austin!
JTXC likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:32 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, AA PPro, Hyatt Globalist, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by chriswiles

She confirmed that CW changes are coming and should be here from 1 November. She suggested:

- Back to the original pre-pandemic approach of serving each meal as separate courses, rather than on one tray
- A choice of starter
- Hot towels return

If this happens, as she suggested, then looking forward to my 2 November flight to Austin!
Will any of that make the food taste better?!

Regards
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by scubadu
Regards
Well, pre-pandemic CW food was better than what we get now, so hopefully. The starter and pudding are shocking and basically identical to CE.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 7:57 am

Programs: BA Gold

- A choice of starter
- Hot towels return

’Concorde Julie’ on Instagram has also been saying the same, so seems like it’s quite likely.
JTXC likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 8:38 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by pythonisman
I did hear on GalleyFM on the outbound the crew were dreading the return of a more normal service.
Heaven forfend they should manage what Air France and KLM have been doing post-pandemic for months already...
Old Oct 6, 2022, 10:32 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by BA850
Heaven forfend they should manage what Air France and KLM have been doing post-pandemic for months already...
Even AA have managed it!
Old Oct 8, 2022, 8:42 am

Programs: BAEC Gold Guest List, Hilton Honours Diamond, Accor Gold

Regards
I think we need ‘some’ of the quality to improve, not just include the cheapest ingredients. I’ll see when we fly F to Boston towards the end of November.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by BA850
That's what I thought. A senior crew member in CE on a recent flight back from BCN had a bit of a rant about hot towels coming back in CW and was basically saying 'over my dead body' as she said the CW cabins are becoming too large to handle with too few CW crew. She claimed they aren't needed and even said a health hazard for crew! I guess the A350, to be fair, is a large CW cabin.

Will be interesting to see how the crew handle the return of hot towels and individual courses. Hope it doesn't mean a reduction in the drink service/top-ups to accommodate the extra trips up/down the CW aisles.
BA850 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 10:48 am

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
That's what I thought. A senior crew member in CE on a recent flight back from BCN had a bit of a rant about hot towels coming back in CW and was basically saying 'over my dead body' as she said the CW cabins are becoming too large to handle with too few CW crew. She claimed they aren't needed and even said a health hazard for crew! I guess the A350, to be fair, is a large CW cabin.

Will be interesting to see how the crew handle the return of hot towels and individual courses. Hope it doesn't mean a reduction in the drink service/top-ups to accommodate the extra trips up/down the CW aisles.
Saw a rerun of a TV documentary (shot pre-pandemic) on BA a couple of days ago. It was about the then new Do & Co contract. I spat my coffee out when they said "at any given time BA will have over 200 different menus in use"
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:00 pm

That's what I thought. A senior crew member in CE on a recent flight back from BCN had a bit of a rant about hot towels coming back in CW and was basically saying 'over my dead body' as she said the CW cabins are becoming too large to handle with too few CW crew. She claimed they aren't needed and even said a health hazard for crew! I guess the A350, to be fair, is a large CW cabin.<snip>
I'm going to go out on a limb and surmise that the "aliveness" of this particular crew member's body isn't really going to come into BA's decision making process on whether to bring hot towels back or not...

Regards
BA850 likes this.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:23 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Sorry, but bringing me a hot towel and serving me crappy food in "courses" instead of all at once is not something I really consider "improved catering."

Regards
I'm all for flogging BA for the crap one tray service but let's reserve critique of the new service until we see evidence of it.
Old Oct 8, 2022, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Schwann
I'm all for flogging BA for the crap one tray service but let's reserve critique of the new service until we see evidence of it.
I'm sorry... was the food good before? I mean at the end of the day, I'm more concerned about the quality of the food and wine, not the process by which the food is served or if I'm given a hot towel before I consume it (I mean, ideally, both would be great, but if only one, quality is the more important to me at least).

My last flight in CW (2 weeks ago), the food was just sad and the wine selection embarrassing. So if the "improved catering" is just to bring me that same stuff, in courses, than I'm really not excited and I don't need to wait in order to comment. Literally none of the improvements that chriswiles shared in their post says anything at all about quality, just process. If the report was that food quality was also improving, then I'd fully agree with you on waiting to criticize.

Regards

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.