Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LHR T5B Galleries Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:32 am
Original Poster

LHR T5B Galleries Lounge

Why have I not visited here before, what an oasis of calm compared to the main lounge.

Nice and light with a great view of the planes, plenty of food and drink.

Yes the service / offerings compared to others airline lounges is a little lack lustre, but the peace and quiet is comparable to other airlines first lounges.

LHR T5B Galleries Lounge Is my new go to.
crazy8534 and hdr.partridge like this.

Last edited by glbremner; Jul 4, 2022 at 3:33 am Reason: Updating heading
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by glbremner
Is it possible to use the T5B lounge even if you're flying from the main terminal? Let's be fair, it's only a 5 minute shuttle ride away.

I've never been in T5B. Why not? As I never know if the flight will fly from B or C, so end up in the main lounge (like everyone else) and just go to the gate when announced!
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:41 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by chriswiles
Is it possible to use the T5B lounge even if you're flying from the main terminal? Let's be fair, it's only a 5 minute shuttle ride away.

I've never been in T5B. Why not? As I never know if the flight will fly from B or C, so end up in the main lounge (like everyone else) and just go to the gate when announced!
Yes it is possible, but you can't take the shuttle back. You have to walk back, otherwise you end up in the arrivals process.

About the T5B lounge, ssstt, don't want to lose my calm working spot whenever I have to finish bits of work (and no, it's not taking calls on loudspeaker).
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Yes. Though inconvenient, as while you can take the train there, you need to walk down the service tunnel to get back (if you try it on the train, you will end up going to C and then - eventually - arrivals).

If you are flying TATL you will (very nearly) always depart from B or C. If you are on a 2 aisle aircraft, similarly. Normally the boards show "B Gates" or "C Gates" if your flight is going from there. You can always ask at the entrance to the lounge by the A gates. Indeed they used to tell you proactively that the B gate lounge would be quieter.
hdr.partridge likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:44 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
In recent months I’ve come to the exact same conclusion.

Pre-COVID I’d always enjoyed T5 Galleries South. Walk in the entrance, turn right and head right to the far end. You could almost always be guaranteed a quiet space and plenty of seats down at the coffee machines and bar area. There’s also an entrance to the staff area/kitchens there so in the days of champagne on request it was always quick and easy to flag down a member of staff.

I was in twice over May/June and both times it was heaving. Even down at my usual “quiet corner” it was difficult getting two seats together. Having a walk around I noticed a it would have been literally impossible for a family of 3-4 to find seats together anywhere in the lounge.

If time allows T5B is now my first choice.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: BAEC: Bronze, HHonors: Silver, Virgin Flying Club: Red, Miles & More
T5B lounge has been my go-to lounge now even before COVID hit, no matter which gate my flight departed from. I also always find it far less busy than the A lounges.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Global Entry
Any time I've been in T5B Lounge, it's been an oasis of calm.
Fatdickie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Bronze :(
Shhhh everyone will know soon!
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
This thread has appeared every few months since i joined the forum. I'm surprised that it's still a surprise to people.
Fatdickie and EDDLEGLL like this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC. Gold
Originally Posted by glbremner
Why have I not visited here before, what an oasis of calm compared to the main lounge.

Nice and light with a great view of the planes, plenty of food and drink.

Yes the service / offerings compared to others airline lounges is a little lack lustre, but the peace and quiet is comparable to other airlines first lounges.

Ssshhhhhh 🤫
Old Jul 4, 2022, 5:47 am

T5B lounge has long been my go to lounge. I usually skip the shuttle altogether and do the walk there and back, it's really not that far.

It is so much nicer and quieter than the other two lounges. IMO opinion, BA / LHR has done a poor job distributing passengers between the lounges. Most people just go to the lounges in the main terminal, even if they know they are departing from B or C.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:48 pm

Programs: AA EP, MUCCI, Proudly BA Blue,.
Can one get to the T5B lounge upon arrival from an international flight as a transfer, or do I have to go through the purple lane security in T5A and then back out to T5B? I'm inbound from LAX and connecting to PRG and would like to take a shower. I know that means coming back to T5A afterwards - are there moving walkways on the return underground passageway or is that only outbound to B and C from T5A?

Thanks!
Old Feb 9, 2023, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by matinicus rock
Can one get to the T5B lounge upon arrival from an international flight as a transfer, or do I have to go through the purple lane security in T5A and then back out to T5B? I'm inbound from LAX and connecting to PRG and would like to take a shower. I know that means coming back to T5A afterwards - are there moving walkways on the return underground passageway or is that only outbound to B and C from T5A?

Thanks!
These threads should be helpful:
A Guide to Connecting at LHR T5
LHR Terminal 5B Flight Connections - a pictorial guide - including T5B bus service
LHR Terminal 5 passageways - a pictorial guide for arriving passengers
LHR Terminal 5 passageways - a pictorial guide for departing passengers
Old Feb 10, 2023, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold; FB Silver; SPG; IHG Gold
I prefer T5B to GF. For the simple reason that it is that oasis of calm. And I don't need to queue for a toilet.
The _Banking_Scot likes this.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 11:16 am

I just had my T3 flight switched to T5 to LAS. Wondering about going to this lounge. How soon will I know before the flight that the flight will take off from a B or C gate rather than an A (bus) gate? Would rather not have to rush back to the A gates. I have a vague memory of seeing the departure boards saying "departs from B/C gates" but not sure how long before the flight this appears. We will be in the terminal at least 3 hours before the flight.

Also, do they have a good selection of food and drink, including champagne, in the B gate lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.