Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Receiving alert notices wrt schedule change - but no change is shown.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, A3 Gold

I have received 2 schedule change notifications: one on Friday, and one this morning (Monday).

On Saturday I called (on Skype) the +44 number given and after 2 calls with ~45 minutes waiting (first was a disconnect), I got through and there was NO schedule changes that the BA "helper" indicated. The man asked me if this schedule was OK, and I said that it was. THEN, he said I had used up my "Free" schedule change. Hopefully it was recorded and I told him that I used up no such "change" because he changed nothing! We both left it at that.

Today I received another notice of a schedule change. There are 5 separate flights on the reservation. All departure/destination airports, times and airport terminals match my original booking.

What is BA doing with their scheduling system? Do they know something that is not visible when I view my booking?
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:27 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Are any sectors operated by AA? They have a Sunday schedule rejig which has particular impacts on BA codeshares. By all means use this forum to check details, to save yourself a telephone call.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Are any sectors operated by AA? They have a Sunday schedule rejig which has particular impacts on BA codeshares. By all means use this forum to check details, to save yourself a telephone call.
Thank you I fly Monday 25 Jul as follows:
LIS-LHR with BA on 0499 arrive at 10:00
LGW-JFK with AA on 2273 departing at 15:00 and arriving at 18:00
LGA-YYZ with AA on 4838 departing at 21:30.

On Monday Sept 12 I fly YYZ-LHR with BA on 0092 arriving at 06:35 on 13 Sept at T5.
An Tuesday Sept 13 I fly LHR-KRK with BA on 0872 departing at 08:05 at T5.

I don't see any issues - except getting from LHR to LGW and from JFK to LGA.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:54 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Are any sectors operated by AA? They have a Sunday schedule rejig which has particular impacts on BA codeshares.
I had notification of a cancellation of JFK - LAX on a BA codeshare flight number. I checked alternatives on ITA Matrix and found the original flight still for sale. I called up BA and was told that the BA codeshare flight number had been removed leaving just the AA flight number. Agent rebooked onto AA flight number on same flight.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 3:57 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tmac100
I don't see any issues - except getting from LHR to LGW and from JFK to LGA.
Yes, it's the codeshare then. Codeshares are manually constructed, and so if there is a minor tweak to the prime service the codeshare has to be rebuilt. So the technology that watches over reservations sees a change, even through it may be minor or non existent. I suspect it was LGA-YYZ, since that flight code has to be shared with 3 other services on different routes. But it could have been a minor timetable change to the BA service from Gatwick to Kennedy. It's a Sunday thing, AA does 99% of its changes on a Sunday morning.

You may have missed an opportunity here, since you currently have a LGW service, which is a BA operated service, and an airport change. I suspect the agent thought you were going to use this opportunity to move to LHR, hence the conversation that followed. However keep an eye on this, since the opportunity may arise again. It may have been the Toronto service that was slightly moved. I suspect you want the extra TPs given the itinerary but there may be scope to make this LIS-LHR-YYZ direct if there is any further turmoil this month.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Yes, it's the codeshare then. manually constructed, and so if there is a minor tweak to the prime service the codeshare has to be rebuilt...

You may have missed an opportunity here, since you currently have a LGW service, which is a BA operated service, and an airport change. I suspect the agent thought you were going to use this opportunity to move to LHR, hence the conversation that followed. However keep an eye on this, since the opportunity may arise again. It may have been the Toronto service that was slightly moved. I suspect you want the extra TPs given the itinerary but there may be scope to make this LIS-LHR-YYZ direct if there is any further turmoil this month.
I will keep an eye on this. All flights are business class except the LGA-YYZ which is economy. Coupled with my next flights in business class (KRK-LHR & LHR-LIS) I will have enough TPs to remain in Silver.

Thank you for this "heads up".
Old Jul 4, 2022, 7:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
I don't know if this is your issue, but I have an itinerary booked with AA in September. Every other day one of the flights moves by a tiny amount of time (e.g. 5 minutes) and some friendly robot sends me a very dense email about it where I have to go through manually and find out what it is (in this instance I think it's Amex GBT); sometimes the next email a day later is moving it back. You presumably did not use Amex GBT, but it does seem AA likes regularly retiming flights by a matter of minutes, which might be generating your message.
tmac100 likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2022, 6:17 am
Original Poster

I just received 2 more alerts from BA regarding my two reservarions and the flights into/from LHR.
I am told they (BA) have leased aircraft from Finnair and that my flights should occur as scheduled.
I await further alerts/changes. 😉 obviously BA is trying to deal with the stresses/changes, but nothing shows on MMB and thus there is a curtain hiding the magician and the smoķe/mirrors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.