Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Using third party to claim compensation from BA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using third party to claim compensation from BA

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:44 am

Programs: BA BLUE BADGE
Originally Posted by subject2load
My sympathies to you (FWIW !)

I guess Europe is very much the hotspot for delays and general chaos right now, and I feel lucky to have escaped relatively unscathed in recent weeks, With peak season just around the corner, I am minded to avoid European air travel from now until around mid-September, when my next batch of firm bookings are due.

My sense is that the hassle factor drops dramatically once you’re actually further afield. I recently returned from South America where all my local flights (bar one, which had a 50 mins delay) departed on time (and by way of a bonus, Priority Boarding was implemented & fully respected in each case)

My ultimate destination is invariably north Cyprus so from August I've switched to Turkish Airlines.

I just can't be doing with this every flight.
36902BRF and mnhusker like this.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 10:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond *, IHG, Couples Romance Rewards
I had a quite complex case, delay of 3 1/2 hours on a technical fault the day when there were significant delays out of BA's control with storm Eunice. Using my experience and the advice on flyertalk I was able to put together a cedr case after 2 refusals from BA in a couple of hours and have just got £500. There aren't many jobs that pay £250 an hour so that's a good result. I've also got two sets of friends who are grateful they will also get to claim the same.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:11 am

Are there any services which will represent one for an MCOL case when one does not reside in the UK?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 11:42 am

Programs: Ba Silver ( for now!)
I used one once when turned down twice by a charter airline.

The airline paid in a few days.
Old Jul 2, 2022, 12:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: OWE. KLM PE.
Good to see some other options being posted. I am sure there are lots of people who will be on here soon and be glad of the tips being shared.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:08 am

Programs: AB BA Waterloo Mama Mia
The information shared on this forum is excellent and helped me with a claim a number of years ago although I had to file a formal application ...learned a lot through the process and because I fly frequently, was worth the time invested.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 1:21 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, that's a good point is it not. If you are a very occasional traveller then maybe you don't really need to know much about this, but EC261 is partly an education process for both travellers and airlines in terms of knowing what is or is not within acceptable bounds. It's difficult to run airlines with zero delays and zero need to rebook, but EC261 outlines where airlines have to consider passenger impacts. I don't think you need a forensic knowledge of this, but knowing where to go for assistance (e.g. the main thread) and the main thrusts of EC261 (cancellations, delays, denied boarding, doowngrades) allows you know when to push back and how to do so.
Old Jul 3, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, Marriott Plat Life, UA Silver (thx Marriott), IHG Gold, Accor Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by scottishpoet

Typically i make a claim and if denied then look for help.

My favourite, bott+co is not on the list on the review site
Same here and like you I found Bott and Co very good when the airline refused the compensation.

T
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Lioneye
Said lioneye is currently 10 hours into a 12 hour delay at LCA so will tomorrow start a new one (with 2 others already on the go)
Data point.

Just been paid out on this one but staff sickness one is going to court.

Will confirm when they pay up.
Old Aug 22, 2022, 4:25 pm

My ultimate destination is invariably north Cyprus so from August I've switched to Turkish Airlines.

I just can't be doing with this every flight.

Another data point.

I've just done the LHR -ERC & no issues.

Had economy ticket. 23k bag plus hot meal & alcohol drinks on both flights.

Lightbulb moment.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 8:05 am

Programs: KLM, BA Silver, Etihad
I can second the vote for Resolver, Ive used them twice so far for:

James Villas
Arriva Car Insurance

Both worked well; they have all the addresses and escalation points and periods sorted with reminders.

I have just logged two more with them, one for BA and one for BA Holidays so the proof in the BA pudding will soon come out.

If I can avoid BA IT I will try to.
Old Mar 25, 2023, 3:51 pm

Data point.

Just been paid out on this one but staff sickness one is going to court.

Will confirm when they pay up.
BA paid in full after MCOL issued.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.