Wiki Posts
Search

Bags missing BKK-LHR QR to BA

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold GUF Thai Airways Royal Orchid
Bags missing BKK-LHR QR to BA

I landed this morning at 6am into T5 & waited 75mins before going to the BA help desk only to be told all bags had now been taken off the aircraft & there were no more bags.
The lady said that her IT systems weren't working properly & to either fill out a form or do it online later if I had to go giving me a BA info sheet on how to do this using a QR code or a link.
I was headed landside to make a morning flight to Ireland from T2 & headed off get my connection.
Unfortunately the online page just repeats itself & won't let me progress in order to file a report.
I tried the QR code using an iphone & got nowhere so tried the link in both chrome & IE but got nowhere but it did offer a link in case I had problems reporting the the issue which lead to a BA page that stated "this page does not exist".
I tried to different laptops & I tried logging out of my BA account & registering cold but all to no avail.
Can anyone offer some advice on how to report my luggage missing & who is responsible for dealing with this?
I booked on ba.com using my exec account & the flight number on both boarding cards where BA codes, BKK-DOH on QR metal & DOH-LHR on BA metal.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:24 pm

Try this link. Hopefully it works for you.
BA Baggage Page
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Welcome to BA in 2022. This is devastating to read
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyerCE
Try this link. Hopefully it works for you.
BA Baggage Page
That's the link that BA gave me.
I finally got hold of someone in Heathrow baggage who told me that all my bags are there.
Not a dickie bird from BA.
After explaining to the gentleman that I then flew on a separate booking with EI to SNN he said that now I have to contact EI & they will connect with BA & get my bags to me.
He said that it was a long standing protocol between airlines that the last carrier delivers even if it is no fault of theirs.
I rang IE but eventually was asked to leave a message & they will get back to as soon as poss which doesn't sound hopeful from I've heard of goings on in DUB so I'll nip down to SNN in the morning & see if I can find someone to help.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SxMan
Welcome to BA in 2022. This is devastating to read
I forgot to mention that there was a queue of people behind me from the same flight & the BA staff advised some to go further down the hall as they had another 'help' desk there.
This was just after 6am so I can only imagine the mess as the day went on
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:53 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Nightbus to Dalson
That's the link that BA gave me.
I finally got hold of someone in Heathrow baggage who told me that all my bags are there.
Not a dickie bird from BA.
After explaining to the gentleman that I then flew on a separate booking with EI to SNN he said that now I have to contact EI & they will connect with BA & get my bags to me.
He said that it was a long standing protocol between airlines that the last carrier delivers even if it is no fault of theirs.
I rang IE but eventually was asked to leave a message & they will get back to as soon as poss which doesn't sound hopeful from I've heard of goings on in DUB so I'll nip down to SNN in the morning & see if I can find someone to help.
While it is a long standing arrangememt that the last carrier gets the bags to you, EI was not the last carrier on your ticket as that was a separate ticket. In my opinion it is BAs job to get the bags to you. The fact you are now in ireland or how you got there is irrelevant. Your bags were tagged to lhr and ba was the last carrier.

No idea who you spoke to, you may get lucky with EI but i suspect you will need to go vack to BA
nancypants and DiamondMile like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
As for the website page, i have no idea how you report a missing bag on that page. You can check the status using the number they give you when you report it.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 4:59 pm

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...issing-baggage

Don't log in

Nothing to do with EI . Put your address in Ireland and BA will get the bags to you
Old Jul 1, 2022, 4:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sammyg901
https://www.britishairways.com/trave...issing-baggage

Don't log in

Nothing to do with EI . Put your address in Ireland and BA will get the bags to you
That's all well & good I have been unable to make contact with BA to actually report them as missing for 3 days straight.
I did however manage to find a friendly face at EI who filed a luggage report & said that EI will contact BA to retrieve & get them sent over.
She did say that she couldn't promise that they would deliver them & that I may have to go & collect them, she told me that heathrow was in meltdown & the EI send a few crews over to LHR to phsically go through the luggage & gather any IE tagged bags so they could get them on a plane back to Ireland.
Fair play to EI but that is nuts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.