Original Poster

BA328/BA329 28 June 2022 cancellation CDG

anyone know why BA 329 was cancelled today, friend stack in Paris till tomorrow

sorry typo

29 June 2022 BA 328 cancelled

Last edited by Garimi; Jun 29, 2022 at 11:57 am
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Seem to be a few cancellations on the LHR boards this evening - I can see a Glasgow and a Hanover along with the Paris, there were a few more earlier. Lots of delays too.
orbitmic likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
I can confirm at least 7 cancellations and delays of every single flight at the moment. For mine the reason was not enough staff to board the flight leading to a 1h45 delays (40 minutes first then regular increases!)

this is going to be a long summer…
Never Stansted and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:26 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Looks like 12 flights cancelled due to staff shortages according to this employee on twitter. Not sure who he is employed by but in irrops he tweets emails to staff begging them to stAy along with the financial inducements and pictures of baggage going nowhere. Surprised nobody has reminded him of social media policy.

AirbusA350 and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Another flight cancelled (as I was making my way to CDG!).

my flight BA0329 was the last of today. 21:40. Seems the prior service was also cancelled.

rebooking options gave me nothing at all for Thursday. Earliest Friday!

Normally, I could deal with 2x extra nights, hotel at BA’s expense plus meals etc.
Not this time, I just need to get home! Plans that can’t be cancelled tomorrow.

Managed to snag a seat on the last Eurostar back tonight.
Anyone know if I can claim this back from BA?
I can’t even get through on the phones to cancel the return flight as I can’t take any of their earliest other alternatives of Friday onwards.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 12:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
BA1407 MAN-LHR (19:50 dep.) has been cancelled. Just been chatting to some people who were going to the gate when it came through that it had been cancelled (offered a coach trip to LHR, but they decided that, with a small child, not a great idea).
Inbound 1402 in the cancellation list from an earlier post.

Last edited by xenole; Jun 29, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:04 pm

Looks like some heavy cancellations for tomorrow - there’s no JER flight until 18:35 and there should usually be three of them!
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA - Bronze , IHG - Spire Ambassador, Hilton - Diamond
Flight 1463 EDI to LHR cancelled today as well as some others by the sounds of it. I dropped off luggage at 4:40, got to the lounge at 5, scanned boarding pass and was told the flight was cancelled. Was nothing available that night to London, and by the time I'd checked with work nothing available tomorrow either.

We didn't get our luggage back until about 6:30, lots of people who were on a connecting flight needing to fly out of Heathrow milling around in a panic looking at trains to get to London instead
becks1 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 2:06 pm

Communication is hopeless too. Flights don’t get given gate numbers, their revised departure time passes, and then they get pushed back again.
becks1 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold
Originally Posted by GuyWMD
Another flight cancelled (as I was making my way to CDG!).

my flight BA0329 was the last of today. 21:40. Seems the prior service was also cancelled.

rebooking options gave me nothing at all for Thursday. Earliest Friday!

Normally, I could deal with 2x extra nights, hotel at BA’s expense plus meals etc.
Not this time, I just need to get home! Plans that can’t be cancelled tomorrow.

Managed to snag a seat on the last Eurostar back tonight.
Anyone know if I can claim this back from BA?
I can’t even get through on the phones to cancel the return flight as I can’t take any of their earliest other alternatives of Friday onwards.

Would be interested to hear how you get on with a compensation claim. I was booked on the same flight but managed to get a seat on a flight back home the next morning.

BA have told me so far that the cancellation was due to security staff issues at HAL and now they've told me that the issues are due to ATC and security staff issues.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:45 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CloudGazer
Would be interested to hear how you get on with a compensation claim. I was booked on the same flight but managed to get a seat on a flight back home the next morning.

BA have told me so far that the cancellation was due to security staff issues at HAL and now they've told me that the issues are due to ATC and security staff issues.
Ha, I've not even had a response yet!
Asides from the 'Thank you for contacting us. We wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about your case. We’re doing our best so please rest assured we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.' reply, which based off another claim I'm still waiting on (from last week of May...) means I'll be waiting a LONG time.

According to Expert Flyer, the cancellation reason is listed as industrial. Meaning no compensation due. Yet, I see AirFrance had no issues with any of their CDG-LHR flights on that day.
Anyone know if this can be challenged?
Old Jul 10, 2022, 2:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Asides from the 'Thank you for contacting us. We wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about your case. We’re doing our best so please rest assured we’ll be in touch as soon as possible.' reply, which based off another claim I'm still waiting on (from last week of May...) means I'll be waiting a LONG time.

According to Expert Flyer, the cancellation reason is listed as industrial. Meaning no compensation due. Yet, I see AirFrance had no issues with any of their CDG-LHR flights on that day.
If you check my post yiu can see that someone who works for Heathrow/BA said it was cancelled due to stsff shortages. Not sure who he works for but he’s also tweeting messages begging baggAge handlers to stay late along with the financial incentives. Follow him on twitter to see the lay of the land of his tweets.
GuyWMD likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 3:00 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL

Looks like Eurostar is having problems.

- new system at Gare Du Nord
- early termination of Amsterdam service
- significant waits to board at both Paris and London

Based on tweets all day Sunday.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 9:06 pm

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Egads. No route is safe. One should just stick to Zoom, it looks like!

I was lucky to fly JFK-LHR, LHR-EDI, INV-LHR, and LHR-JFK in the last week and a half. At every station, I had to wait 45-60 min after arrival for checked baggage. I count myself lucky that my bags made it on each segment, and that no flight was severely delayed or cancelled by BA. Three of the segments (including the TATL segments) were in J and inflight crew in J were all polite, kind, and helpful.
KeaneJohn likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:47 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hotels.com Gold

I too saw that BA328 and BA329 were cancelled due to "INDN". BA dealt with the claim for my hotel really quickly but have given me three responses about the delay that were:
  1. The cancellation was due to Heathrow Airport security staff shortages
  2. The cancellation was due to Heathrow Airport security staff shortages and Heathrow ATC staff shortages
  3. The cancellation was due to Heathrow Airport security staff shortages and Heathrow ATC staff shortages and you'll need to go to CEDR

At each step I asked them to provide some kind of evidence to support their claim of HAL/NATS staff shortages being the issue and they ignored this request. So I'll go to CEDR next.

If it's of any use. The plane operating the CDG flights was flight BA985 from Berlin which ran on time on 29th with only a small delay.

Code:
Flight Status Search:
Departing on 29/06/22
Flying BA flight 985

Flight   Status           Depart Location  Depart Date                   Reliability  Arrive Location  Arrive Date
                          BER              Scheduled: 29/06/22 4:45 PM                LHR              Scheduled: 29/06/22 5:40 PM
BA 985   Landed           Term: T1         Estimated: 29/06/22 5:25 PM   NA / NA      Term: 5          Estimated: 29/06/22 6:09 PM
                          Gate: C01        Actual: 29/06/22 5:25 PM                   Gate:            Actual: 
                                                                                      Baggage: 6

Comments:
"DOBA985/29JUN
* OPERATIONAL FLIGHT INFO *            BA 985    0 WE 29JUN22   
CITY INFO                                       HOUR (LOCAL)  

BER  ESTIMATED TIME OF DEPARTURE                1710            
     LEFT THE GATE                              1725            
     TOOK OFF                                   1737            
     DELAY ZY                                                   
     ESTIMATED TIME OF ARRIVAL                  1808     LHR    
LHR  AIRCRAFT LANDED                            1804            
     ARRIVED                                    1811            
*1A PLANNED FLIGHT INFO*              BA 985    0 WE 29JUN22    
APT ARR   DY DEP   DY CLASS/MEAL          EQP  GRND  EFT   TTL  
BER          1645  WE JCDRI/M  YB/G       319         1:55      
                      HKMLVNOQSG/G                              
LHR 1740  WE                                                1:55
COMMENTS-
 1.BER LHR   - MEMBER OF ONEWORLD                               
 2.BER LHR   - DEPARTS TERMINAL 1                               
 3.BER LHR   - ARRIVES TERMINAL 5                               
 4.BER LHR   -   9/ NON-SMOKING                                 
 5.BER LHR   -  ET/ ELECTRONIC TKT CANDIDATE                    
 6.BER LHR   -  CO2/PAX* 107.41 KG ECO, 107.41 KG PRE           
 (*):SOURCE:ICAO CARBON EMISSIONS CALCULATOR                  
CONFIGURATION-
               319  C  24   M 107
GuyWMD likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.