Wiki Posts
Search

Cant check in without Verifly

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
Question Cant check in without Verifly

I'm flying BOM to JFK via Heathrow tomorrow. Trying to check in online via the BA website, it said I can't until my docs are verified on VeriFLY. When I download the verifly app and try to add my flight it says no need for using Verifly if flying to the UK after April and won't let me add any documents or anything. Has anyone else had this issue? So incredibly annoying
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Are you able to do sector by sector ?
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:37 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Not to excuse the confusing messages from the App but you're going to need to go to a desk anyway as you'll need a printed boarding pass from them (and not just one that you've printed yourself) in order to pass through passport control and security.

I know this from bitter experience pre Covid when I went straight to passport control with hand baggage only with a boarding pass I'd printed myself only to be sent back to a desk to obtain an "official" one that they could stamp.

This was still the same in DEL last month and I suspect it's still true in BOM as well.
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: Etihad Guest, JetBlue TrueBlue, Avianca LifeMiles, KLM FlyingBlue
So the second leg is operated by American and I was able to at least upload the verifly docs for that one, but on the British airways website it won't let me check in for either.

I'm so confused why they haven't figured this out even 2 months after the fact. Infuriating
Old Jun 29, 2022, 10:42 am

You'll need a paper boarding pass anyway when flying ex-India. So don't stress. Check-in at the desk the "traditional" way and you'll be good. You could try verifying the AA sector separately as LHR - JFK and see if it works. However, VeriFLY isn't always the smoothest of experiences and considering this is across 2 carriers, I do wonder if it's too much for it to handle.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 5:39 am

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by sherkhan
I'm flying BOM to JFK via Heathrow tomorrow. Trying to check in online via the BA website, it said I can't until my docs are verified on VeriFLY. When I download the verifly app and try to add my flight it says no need for using Verifly if flying to the UK after April and won't let me add any documents or anything. Has anyone else had this issue? So incredibly annoying
Verifly is not looking at the BOM > LHR sector, it is looking at LHR > JFK. Get the ok on that leg and checkin should proceed.

But as others have advised, you’ll need the BA printed BP in BOM… And if AA on 2nd sector, I think you’ll eventually need an AA BP in LHR
Old Jun 30, 2022, 10:49 am

Flight LHR-SJC tomorrow. Got Emails and txts about Verifly so went thru the process. Everything recognized including my flight. All green ticks. Says I still need to show docs to BA at airport but I suppose I would anyway.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 3:34 pm

Programs: UA G, DL DM, Marriott Gold
I fly tomorrow and have the same problem. The problem is Verifly says you don't need to have a COVID vaccine card to get into the US and BA says you do, and wants you to upload it on Verifly. Verifly won't let you upload it because it's not needed.

I've called BA a number of times today. You get the annoying phone tree prompts but everyone leads you to a message that says their call volume is too high and they can't accept calls. I went on chat and got an apology. Thanks .. not.

Uber frustrating, especially when you get the ''talk to the hand' on the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.