Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The curious case of the zero reward flight availability

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The curious case of the zero reward flight availability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:41 pm
duo
Original Poster

Question The curious case of the zero reward flight availability

Hi All, apologies if this has been discussed a 1000 times already - with the pandemic it has been several years since I last booked an Avios reward flight. In all my years of flying via avios never have I know it to be so barren in availability. There is literally nothing other than Economy flights. What has happened?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:43 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by duo
Hi All, apologies if this has been discussed a 1000 times already - with the pandemic it has been several years since I last booked an Avios reward flight. In all my years of flying via avios never have I know it to be so barren in availability. There is literally nothing other than Economy flights. What has happened?
There are 4 Avios Business Class seats on every long haul BA flight. You just have to be quick to grab them as soon as they are available (330ish days in advance).
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Deleted…

Last edited by Starship73; Jun 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm Reason: Incorrect information
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:46 pm
duo
Original Poster

I know this but I have managed to book avios flights last minute so many times in the past - there is always 'something' available but I can literally find nothing. Has BA paused flying to certain destinations such as Singapore, Seoul?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:54 pm

Singapore you can barely get a cash seat on at times - gone from 1 x A380 & 1x 77W to 1 x 789 . Lots of Asia is still paused/gone and flights are generally busy busy busy - no need for reward seats
duo, mguinness and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by duo
I know this but I have managed to book avios flights last minute so many times in the past - there is always 'something' available but I can literally find nothing. Has BA paused flying to certain destinations such as Singapore, Seoul?
Seoul was canned before Covid. Singapore is down to 1 per day, and that continues on to Sydney... no chance of Avios tickets on that!
duo likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 2:59 pm
duo
Original Poster

Thanks both. Sad times - it's the main reason I bothered with Avios - for my trips to Asia. Potentially time to bin the BA Amex then. Next they'll bin 1st Class to Japan or has that happened already?.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:01 pm

Club seats to Singapore are currently available for 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th June 2023.
duo, sammyg901 and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:01 pm

I just did a random July search for NYC, and F was available. May have been J also, but the BA website went stroppy and told me I had too many BA tabs open (I had one!).
duo and becks1 like this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:06 pm
duo
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Starship73
Club seats to Singapore are currently available for 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th June 2023.
That's a good sign - I am after July not the best time I know. Maybe some nearer the time. Do they do 1st Class to Singapore?
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by duo
That's a good sign - I am after July not the best time I know. Maybe some nearer the time. Do they do 1st Class to Singapore?
Yes, first class is offered. The Club seats are just some of the residual ones released with each flight that haven’t been snapped up yet.
duo and becks1 like this.

Last edited by Starship73; Jun 22, 2022 at 3:21 pm
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
I just did a random July search for NYC, and F was available. May have been J also, but the BA website went stroppy and told me I had too many BA tabs open (I had one!).
Availability of Club reward seats to New York is pretty decent over the coming months, with a sprinkling of First Class in there.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:14 pm

Programs: BA GOLD
Originally Posted by Starship73
Every flight has at least 2 J seats available to purchase using Avios when it is released for sale 355 days out.
That's not correct I'm afraid - it changed some time ago. As DYKWIA pointed out earlier BA guarantee 4 Club on the day of release along with 2 WTP and 8 WT seats on each flight.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:15 pm
duo
Original Poster

Am an idiot - just noticed you posted June 2023. I'm after July this year - pretty flexible on location tbh just need a holiday like most tbh.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by Brighterside
That's not correct I'm afraid - it changed some time ago. As DYKWIA pointed out earlier BA guarantee 4 Club on the day of release along with 2 WTP and 8 WT seats on each flight.
Apologies for the error - I stand corrected!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.