Wiki Posts
Search

Same day flight change

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2022, 9:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Platinum; Marriott Silver; Avis president's: Hertz President's
Same day flight change

Following a change to my meeting schedules, I should be able to head home some time before my scheduled flight at circa 7pm tonight.
My fare is eligible for same day flight changes. In practical terms, can I do that in app, or online, or do I have to head for the airport and hope?
im sure this has been asked and answered here before, but searching on a phone hasn’t led me to an answer.
TYIA
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by umgowah
Following a change to my meeting schedules, I should be able to head home some time before my scheduled flight at circa 7pm tonight.
My fare is eligible for same day flight changes. In practical terms, can I do that in app, or online, or do I have to head for the airport and hope?
im sure this has been asked and answered here before, but searching on a phone hasn’t led me to an answer.
TYIA
Here is the thread:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...ickets-34.html
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:13 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
App and online normally works. Airport workers usually clueless (they want you to pay the full price. Not necessarily their fault as the same day change is not in the ticketing rules it is just a flag) or there is no ticketing person at all.
so if app or online doesn’t work, best first to call BA.
wanderingjock likes this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
If you haven't made changes to the booking before or created any kind of POUG etc., then app should just be easy to use and it should allow a free change.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:31 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
And importantly do not check in before you try and do SDC.
wanderingjock and YacozA like this.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by KARFA
And importantly do not check in before you try and do SDC.
Whilst this isn’t ideal and you should try to refrain from checking-in, in most instances the system will still allow you to change even if you have checked in though. On some occasions it won’t and even then, a phone call should be able to sort it out.

In fact recently one of my friends was booked onto BA service to MAD, he checked in including baggage, went airside and then needed to attend to a quick emergency, he managed to change the booking for free online (it wasn’t yet -60 mins from his departure) to a later Iberia flight and the biggest surprise of all, his bag also automatically was retagged too, so by all means not a huge issue if you did check-in. The only major stipulation is that you must make the change before 60 mins from departure of your originally booked flight!
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
I thought ba.com blocked you doing any SDC once checked in?

In any case to avoid complications if you are considering SDC do not check in - there is really no advantage to gain by doing so.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 3:52 am

In any case to avoid complications if you are considering SDC do not check in - there is really no advantage to gain by doing so.
I'll see if I can test this this week, but I've tried it once in the past and once checked in, it did not give me the option to change online.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 4:01 am

Not all the time. I’ve also personally changed the flight even after checking in online on more than one occasion. On one occasion it didn’t let me but all sorted via the phone as they managed to get be un-checked in and changed. However yes, to make life easier, it is best not to check-in just to be 100%, however OP should be reassured that it isn’t at all a problem if you do inadvertently check-in.

Shame that BA doesn’t have an cancel/uncheck option online like some other OW airlines do
KARFA likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:22 pm

Same day change not working

Good evening all,

I wondered if someone could help me troubleshoot please! I'm trying to do a same day change for a CE flight. Travelling 11 Jan, but it keeps giving me normal change fares. Any ideas!!? It's past midnight so I can't understand the issue.

Thank you!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:40 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire, Easyjet Flight Club
It’s not the same day (UK) yet?
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:43 pm

The flight is CDG/LHR so I assumed it should be France time, although in case its based on UK I'm going to try again in 20 mins!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 4:52 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Yes, this used to work based on local time, but more recently it's worked after midnight UK time only. I think there is a case of this in the main FCOD thread.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:44 pm

Unbelievably I now get the 'this cannot be changed on ba.com' comment!! So I called them to sort it out.....Will think twice about this in the future!
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:56 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Originally Posted by Abstract1
Unbelievably I now get the 'this cannot be changed on ba.com' comment!! So I called them to sort it out.....Will think twice about this in the future!
Are you checked in? This might, I emphasise might, cause an issue and cause ba.com to have a wobbly, but a phone call should be able to sort it and you did say you called? What did they say?

See post #9 of this thread.

Originally Posted by AirbusA350
Not all the time. I’ve also personally changed the flight even after checking in online on more than one occasion. On one occasion it didn’t let me but all sorted via the phone as they managed to get be un-checked in and changed. However yes, to make life easier, it is best not to check-in just to be 100%, however OP should be reassured that it isn’t at all a problem if you do inadvertently check-in.

Shame that BA doesn’t have an cancel/uncheck option online like some other OW airlines do

Last edited by aks120; Jan 10, 2024 at 11:24 pm Reason: Removed link after merge

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.