Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tier Point Award Date Flexibility?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Tier Point Award Date Flexibility?

Wasn’t sure how to phrase the topic title…

My tier point year ends 6 OCT. Flying PE LHR-YUL 8 Oct – 13 OCT.

Is there any chance BA might allow me to have the tier points for the 6 Oct flight credited to my new collection year or is there no flexibility with that?

Hope that makes sense!
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:26 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by jumpfrog
Wasn’t sure how to phrase the topic title…

Is there any chance BA might allow me to have the tier points for the 6 Oct flight credited to my new collection year or is there no flexibility with that?

Hope that makes sense!

Sorry, your dates don't add up as all TP years end on 8th of the month. If your flight is also on the 8th, the TP's for that flight will credit to your old year and the return on 13th to your new year with no flexibility

Pilot37
orbitmic likes this.

Last edited by Pilot37; Jun 9, 2022 at 8:28 am Reason: Wrong info
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:29 am
Original Poster

Apologies I am idiot and put in the wrong dates. My Tier point year ends 8 OCT. We are flying 6th Oct-13th OCT. Can I get the 6th OCT tier points credited to my new year beginning 8 OCT.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.

My Tier point year ends 8 OCT. We are flying 6th Oct-13th OCT. Can I get the 6th OCT tier points credited to my new year beginning 8 OCT.
Your TP collection year won't end on 6 October. All collection years end on the eighth of a month.

Assuming that you mean that your year end is 8 October, if you have a booking for a flight that departs on 6 October or 8 October (local date and time), then it will credit to the current year. There is no flexibility for having that credited to your new year, which begins on 9 October.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Apologies I am idiot and put in the wrong dates. My Tier point year ends 8 OCT. We are flying 6th Oct-13th OCT. Can I get the 6th OCT tier points credited to my new year beginning 8 OCT.
Nope - there is no flexibility from BA on awarding TP's to a previous or new year vs when the flight was actually taken.

Pilot37
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Thank you all.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Nope - there is no flexibility from BA on awarding TP's to a previous or new year vs when the flight was actually taken.
I think that is not quite right if you take a flight in the first two weeks of your new membership year and those TPs would make a difference in your old year. There is a long-standing 2-week grace period on request, although I can't now remember whether it applies only to renewals or whether you can use it to qualify for a higher tier too.

However, you are right in relation to old year TPs counting in the new year. BA is not flexible about these.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Originally Posted by Globaliser
I think that is not quite right if you take a flight in the first two weeks of your new membership year and those TPs would make a difference in your old year. There is a long-standing 2-week grace period on request, although I can't now remember whether it applies only to renewals or whether you can use it to qualify for a higher tier too.

However, you are right in relation to old year TPs counting in the new year. BA is not flexible about these.
The two week extension after collection period ends on the 8th of a month, applies when someone is seeking to retain a status level, to attain a new status level, or to obtain the requisite 2 or 4 eligible flights. The two week extension does not apply to a member seeking to obtain a benefit within a status level (for example, an upgrade voucher).
There have been a number of reports in the long extension thread that BAEC has refused to provide a two week extension along with the reduced tier point requirements currently being offered through the end of the year (and also a report or two of persons being asked to contact BAEC if during the two weeks they have obtained the necessary reduced TP level and BAEC will review; so who knows).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.