Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

When will BA open domestic bulkhead seats om A320?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE

I will be flying INV-LHR in J. Looks like the bulkhead seats are blocked from advance seat assignment. I am AA exec plat (oneworld emerald). How far in advance of departure will BA open these seats for seat assignment please?

Thank you.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 8:52 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
As you're OWE, unless they're already booked then you should be able to book them without restriction as far as I am aware. I can check in Expertflyer to see if they're booked or blocked if that would be helpful - would need flight number and date of course.

Have you already booked or did you get as far as seat selection during your booking and they appear unavailable? Sometimes "blocked" seats only show as bookable after the reservation has been made (i.e., make your booking, then go straight back into it and the seats may be available)
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 9:42 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
I will be flying INV-LHR in J. Looks like the bulkhead seats are blocked from advance seat assignment. I am AA exec plat (oneworld emerald). How far in advance of departure will BA open these seats for seat assignment please?

Thank you.

when is your flight?

in theory for OW emerald you should be able to book, but if someone already has one of the seats and its less than 72 hours till the flight then the other seat will be blocked until the cabin starts filling and the seat is required

the airlines frequent flyer systems do not talk well to each other at booking time, so another issue is you put in your FFP number at time of booking but your status in not updated in the booking till its confirmed so you do not see the seats or in other cases you are asked to pay for seats intially. this is not a problem unique to BA.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
As you're OWE, unless they're already booked then you should be able to book them without restriction as far as I am aware. I can check in Expertflyer to see if they're booked or blocked if that would be helpful - would need flight number and date of course.

Have you already booked or did you get as far as seat selection during your booking and they appear unavailable? Sometimes "blocked" seats only show as bookable after the reservation has been made (i.e., make your booking, then go straight back into it and the seats may be available)
Thanks! This is BA 1471 on 5 July. I already booked. Appreciate your checking on expert flyer!
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
I will be flying INV-LHR in J. Looks like the bulkhead seats are blocked from advance seat assignment.
This is BA 1471 on 5 July.
1AC and 1DF are all already occupied:
Code:
Seat Map Search:
Departing INV on 05/07/22 for LHR
Flying BA flight 1471 in Business/Club

A   C       D   F   
1       -   -       -   -       
2       -   -       -   +       
3       -   -       -   -       
4       -   -       -   -       
5       -   -       -   +       
        A   C       D   F   
Krisz and BertieBadger like this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:14 am

Programs: BA, Hilton
All row 1 seats on that flight appear to be occupied, at this point in time.

Edit: Globaliser was faster
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:15 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
I would check time to time if anything changes as July is far away. People can change their travel plan so it’s possible one of the bulkhead becomes available.
BertieBadger likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2022, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Krisz
I would check time to time if anything changes as July is far away. People can change their travel plan so it’s possible one of the bulkhead becomes available.
Thank you everyone!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.