Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights to Italy and masks

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2022, 10:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*A Gold)
Flights to Italy and masks

I’m flying to Italy tomorrow (FCO) and as I understand it I’ll have to wear an FFP2 mask onboard and while in the airport. Unfortunately Royal Mail have failed in getting my online order to me in time so what’s BA’s stance when I get to the gate - will they provide masks which are compliant if I don’t have one? Alternatively where is best in T5 to pick up a few for the best price?
Old May 31, 2022, 10:49 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
You can find masks at Boots that are FFP2 compliant - I see these at the LHR Boots quite often, however if you see them in town where you are, suggest you prepare accordingly as they may be out at the airport

https://www.boots.com/boots-protecti...ks-5s-10292473

Edit: CWS Mentioned WH Smith between north and south security and the ones in T5A and T5B post security
stevebintley likes this.

Last edited by NickP 1K; May 31, 2022 at 11:36 am
Old May 31, 2022, 11:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NickP 1K
You can find masks at Boots that are FFP2 compliant - I see these at the LHR Boots quite often, however if you see them in town where you are, suggest you prepare accordingly as they may be out at the airport

https://www.boots.com/boots-protecti...ks-5s-10292473
Thank you. I may have a few minutes spare at St Pancras station to check out the Boots there but otherwise I’m reliant on the terminal….
Old May 31, 2022, 11:06 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Flown from CDG to LIN on AF, LIN to CAG with Volotea and CAG to ORY on TO. Only on the domestic flight we were required to wear masks.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:11 am

Programs: AA EXP with lots of BA. UA 2MM Lifetime Plat - No longer chase hotel loyalty
Originally Posted by BA6948
Flown from CDG to LIN on AF, LIN to CAG with Volotea and CAG to ORY on TO. Only on the domestic flight we were required to wear masks.
You got lucky - I have flown FRA-FCO om LH and LHR-FCO on ITA and all were enforcing masks - this is in the last 3 weeks

Also, Italy is removing ALL entry requirements later tonight midnight (Green pass) : https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022...-uk-passengers

Though mask use where it has been required is STILL in force till end of day June 15 and was NOT adjusted. The entry requirements were only in force till May 31st and they choose to not renew them. The mask use was until June 15 and they will likely let this expire at the date the legislation was written to.

Last edited by NickP 1K; May 31, 2022 at 11:32 am
Old May 31, 2022, 11:18 am

Programs: M&S Elite+
FWIW the mask rules may go on 16th June. The green pass rules expire tonight.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Actually the best place to get FFP2 masks in T5 is WH Smith between North and South security, so Upper Level, and there is a more limited selection in the T5B branch. T5A sells Lateral flow Tests too, £13 for 5 tests.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I keep a small stock of FFP 2 masks at home and stock up with Amazon ( prime gets free delivery the next day for a lot of items). Although Boots do seem to be stocking more FFP2 masks recently ( previously it was mainly the surgical masks)

Regards

TBS
stevebintley likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:41 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Old May 31, 2022, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Actually the best place to get FFP2 masks in T5 is WH Smith between North and South security, so Upper Level, and there is a more limited selection in the T5B branch.
Looks like I'll be reliving my days as a non-Gold and roaming around the shops tomorrow! T5B is a good shout, hopefully I'll have enough time for a quick jog there if desperate; thank you!

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I keep a small stock of FFP 2 masks at home and stock up with Amazon ( prime gets free delivery the next day for a lot of items). Although Boots do seem to be stocking more FFP2 masks recently ( previously it was mainly the surgical masks)

Regards

TBS
You're not in T5 tomorrow are you?! I rarely use Prime, but this is one of the few times I did and despite placing the order before the weekend I'm still out of luck.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:46 am

Image from CWS
Whoa; where was this one the one? between North and South Security (is that pre-security) - 2.99GBP is pretty good for an airport for LFTs

Updated my prior post to reflect your comment on WH Smith
Old May 31, 2022, 11:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by stevebintley
I’m flying to Italy tomorrow (FCO) and as I understand it I’ll have to wear an FFP2 mask onboard and while in the airport. Unfortunately Royal Mail have failed in getting my online order to me in time so what’s BA’s stance when I get to the gate - will they provide masks which are compliant if I don’t have one? Alternatively where is best in T5 to pick up a few for the best price?
I would add that BA does give out masks to passengers who needs one. The problem is that their supply is limited so if you board late they might not have it and you are going to be in trouble. So if you are in group 1 and board early you should have an ffp2 masks from BA.
stevebintley likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:48 am

The one by security in T5A. Upper Level.
NickP 1K and stevebintley like this.
Old May 31, 2022, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by stevebintley
Looks like I'll be reliving my days as a non-Gold and roaming around the shops tomorrow! T5B is a good shout, hopefully I'll have enough time for a quick jog there if desperate; thank you!

You're not in T5 tomorrow are you?! I rarely use Prime, but this is one of the few times I did and despite placing the order before the weekend I'm still out of luck.

Hi,

Sorry. You miss me by a day! I'm through on Thursday otherwise , would have been more than happy to bring a few extra.

Regards

TBS
stevebintley likes this.
Old May 31, 2022, 12:29 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Actually the best place to get FFP2 masks in T5 is WH Smith between North and South security, so Upper Level, and there is a more limited selection in the T5B branch. T5A sells Lateral flow Tests too, £13 for 5 tests.
The FFP2 masks from Boots are horrible! They pull your ears off.
roberto99 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.